This coming weekendâ€™s Strikeforce event is cancelled.
Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker announced the cancellation today following an undisclosed injury to lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez.
Melendez had been due to headline the September 29 card in a title defence against Pat Healy but when he pulled out, the SHOWTIME network said it would not be broadcasting the card.
â€śWhen SHOWTIME informed us that it would not be airing the event, we made the difficult decision to cancel Saturdayâ€™s card in Sacramento,â€ť says Coker.
â€śWithout a television partner, we simply could not move forward with this event. We wish Gilbert a speedy recovery and will work diligently and quickly to reschedule the fighters affected by this news on upcoming cards.â€ť
Refunds for tickets purchased are available at point of sale.
- Font Size
- Reading Mode