Strikeforce announced today that it has cancelled a planned November 3 event.
The show had been set for the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma but has been scrapped â€śdue to injuries sustained by main event star Frank Mir and co-main event star Luke Rockhold,â€ť according to a company spokesman.
Strikeforce says it will rebound in January with a live event although there has been no indication as to who will appear on the card. Daniel Cormier was due to fight on the November 3 event, which would have been his final fight for Strikeforce and the end of his contract.
â€śDue to a series of injuries, we were forced to cancel the upcoming card on Nov. 3, but are already working to put together a stacked card in January,â€ť Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said.
â€śWhile we're disappointed with the cancellation, we are looking forward to an even bigger Strikeforce event on SHOWTIME early next year,â€ť said Stephen Espinoza, Executive Vice President & General Manager, SHOWTIME Sports.
- Font Size
- Reading Mode