Let the dice decide which 145lb‚Äôer¬†is king by playing FO‚Äôs¬†fantasy featherweight game ‚Äď fun¬†for all the family!
You will need:
- 2 players
- 2 standard dice
- Player stats cards
Just like real MMA, the game is broken up into three¬†or five five-minute rounds. The object of the game¬†is to roll low when both attacking and defending to¬†progress. Fights are won either by knockout, TKO,¬†submission or decision. Stalling with the dice (lay ‚Äôn‚Äô¬†pray) is punishable by immediate turnover of the dice.
Attack: Part 1
- Each player chooses or randomly selects one¬†fighter stat card to play with. Set your stopwatch to¬†count down from five minutes.
- When the clock starts, both players take turns to¬†roll the dice. Whoever rolls the lowest number attacks¬†first.
- The attacker begins by choosing a standing attack.¬†They can punch, kick or shoot for a takedown.
- Each attack has a value between 1 and 10. The¬†attacker must roll that number or below to ensure¬†their attack has a chance for success.
- If the player rolls high, the attack is automatically¬†defended and the roles are reversed. It‚Äôs now the¬†opposing player‚Äôs turn to attack!
- If the player rolls successfully, then the attack has¬†been thrown and must be to be defended.
- It‚Äôs now the turn of the defender to fend off the¬†attack using the defensive stat that corresponds to¬†the attack that was just thrown. They use the block¬†stat to defend a punch, check for a kick and TD¬†defence for a takedown. They must roll that number¬†or below.
- If the defender rolls successfully, their defence is¬†good! The roles are reversed, and it‚Äôs the defender‚Äôs¬†turn to attempt an attack in the same way.
- However, if the defender rolls high then the attack¬†lands successfully.¬†Example: Conor McGregor is attacking and wants¬†to throw a punch. His punch is rated as 9. He rolls¬†a 4 which means the punch is thrown. Jos√© Aldo is¬†defending with a block rating of 8, but he rolls a 9, so¬†McGregor‚Äôs punch lands.
- If the attacker lands a successful punch or kick,¬†they get to attack again.
- If the attacker lands three consecutive punches¬†or kicks he scores a knockdown, taking the fight to
- If the attacking player successfully shoots for a¬†takedown at any time, the fight immediately goes to Attack: Part 2.
Attack: Part 2
- With the defender now on the canvas the attacker¬†can choose from two options: ground ‚Äôn‚Äô pound or¬†submission.
- Like the standup portion of the fight, the attacker¬†must roll a number equal to or below their rating for¬†GnP or submission on the stat card.
- As before, if the attacker rolls high, their move is¬†unsuccessful, the referee stands the fighters up and¬†the defending player can now attempt an attack.
- If the attacker rolls successfully, the defender gets¬†the chance to brush it off by rolling a number equal¬†to or below the value of their corresponding defence¬†skill: guard for GnP, or sub def for submission.
- If the defender rolls high, then it is all over! The¬†fight ends with either a TKO or submission victory for¬†the attacker.
- If the defender rolls successfully, the attack is¬†thwarted and the dice go back to the attacking¬†player, who gets to attack again with either GnP or¬†submission.
- If the attacker doesn‚Äôt score either a GnP or¬†submission finish after three rolls then the referee¬†stands the fighters up and it becomes the defender‚Äôs¬†turn to go on the attack.
- Any attacker who¬†rolls a double scores an¬†immediate knockdown¬†if the fight is on the feet,¬†or a winning submission¬†on the ground.
- Any defender who¬†rolls a double lands a¬†counter in the standup¬†and takes control of the¬†dice to attack. If they¬†roll a double on the¬†ground, they scramble,¬†get to their feet and get¬†the chance to attack.
- Rolling a double 1¬†is a haymaker knockout¬†strike that results in¬†a straight victory for¬†whichever player rolls it¬†at any time during the¬†fight ‚Äď whether they‚Äôre¬†attacking or defending.
- At the end of each¬†five-minute round, the¬†player who spent the¬†most time attacking¬†wins the round 10-9.
- Whoever wins the¬†most rounds wins the¬†fight by decision.
Official game cards:
Get more official game cards inside the current issue of¬†Fighters Only.