Prevented from entering the Octagon since April 2011 due to a succession of injuries, UFC welterweight champion Georges St Pierre is champing at the bit to settle ownership of the 170lb division with interim titleholder Carlos Condit. As he prepares to return to training camp, the man many know simply as ‘GSP’ lets Fighters Only in on his past, present and future. And reveals a man unwilling to stop being a student of the game, and, perhaps, exposes another catalyst, aside from that insatiable desire for victory, which has propelled him to Octagon domination. Out now.
And! From Olympic judo bronze to Strikeforce bantamweight gold, female MMA’s unstoppable armbar queen Ronda Rousey explains why she switched from judo to MMA, and how she’s preventing herself from believing her own press. Plus! With fight finishes getting crazier every year, FO sought to discover the source and found a batch of rarely seen martial arts teaching MMA’s new guard a thing or three. What are they? Find out only in this month’s Fighters Only.
- It’s Been Emotional: How fighters are front kicking fear and triangling tears in order to reach UFC glory.
- FO’s fan-favourite gaming page continues. This month: Brad Pickett, why he’d fight Dhalsim from Street Fighter.
- Rafael Cordeiro, Dustin Poirier, Johny Hendricks, Cheick Kongo and Vaughan Lee speak to FO.
- Learn how to fight like Strikeforce champ Ronda Rousey, then pull up a chair for part one of FO’s ‘Judo for MMA’ masterclass.
- Your strength and conditioning not paying off on the mats? Your primer to rethinking your workout and becoming a better athlete with functional training.
- Sick of plodding the pavement for that shredded fighter physique? Step up to FO’s roadwork alternatives.
Now available from Morrisons, Tesco, WH Smith, Asda and all good newsagents within the UK.