Every sport has that voice. What Larry Merchant is to boxing, and what Mark Lawrenson is to football, Joe Rogan is to mixed martial arts. The UFCâ€™s colour commentator, he and broadcast partner Mike Goldberg have provided the soundtrack to stunning feats of human endurance, strength and heart for 10 years. But the long-time stand-up comedian is more than a voice. Heâ€™s a life-long martial artist, a man with an opinion on anything from God to marijuana, and the host of hit podcastÂ The Joe Rogan Experience. Along with men like UFC president Dana White, heâ€™s also one of only a select few non-fighters to ever make the cover ofÂ Fighters OnlyÂ magazine. And judging by the soundbites he delivers across an in-depth eight-page interview, youâ€™ll be very glad he is. Are you experienced?
And! The Final 48 Hours. Weâ€™ve told you what happens in fight camp, and youâ€™ve seen what occurs in the cage, but what about the interim between the pre-weigh-in limbo and the nerve-wracked ring walk? And how does that vary at the different levels of the game? FO asked an amateur, novice pro and UFC star exactly what goes down Plus! Just what is the International MMA Federation and what does it mean? We have you covered.
- Alex The Great: The UFCâ€™s Swedish light heavyweight sensationâ€™s plans to plunder UFC gold.
- Ex-Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez talks UFC, and British Octagon featherweight Jason Young tells of going from troublemaker to moneymaker.
- â€˜King Moâ€™ Lawal, Tyron Woodley, Cody McKenzie, Tom Watson, Mike Dolce, Leeroy Barnes all speak to FO.
- Fight like UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz.
- Decoding Body Language, Part 2: The final analysis of the subtext behind one of the UFCâ€™s most heated rivalries in years: Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans.
- We present the secrets of samboâ€™s special inescapable leg lock.
Now available from Morrisons, Tesco, WH Smith, Asda and all good newsagents within the UK.