Alistair Overeem is about to jump back into the kickboxing ring to complete one of the biggest fighting trilogies in the sport.
Overeem, a former K-1 World Grand Prix champion who also captured MMA titles in Strikeforce and DREAM, has returned to the squared circle to face old adversary Badr Hari at Glory: Collision 4, which takes place on Saturday, October 8 in Arnhem, Netherlands.
It’s a matchup that sees two of the hardest-hitting heavyweights in kickboxing history going head to head for a third time, with the series currently level at one win apiece.
Overeem took the victory in the first meeting between the pair with a first-round knockout at “Dynamite!! 2008”. But Hari avenged that loss in the semi-finals of the 2009 K-1 World Grand Prix, finishing “The Reem” by dropping him twice in the first round to earn a TKO victory.
Now, nearly 13 years on, the pair are set to face off for a third time, and the two fighters faced off for the final time at the official weigh-ins after taking to the scale for their eagerly-awaited trilogy clash.
Hari tipped the scale at 252.2 pounds for their heavyweight bout, while Overeem came in at 248.7 pounds for their main event bout.
The main card is absolutely packed with elite-level matchups, with four title fights preceding the Hari-Overeem trilogy bout.
Super bantamweight champion Tiffany Van Soest puts her title on the line agianst Sarah Moussaddak, while Tykani Beztati looks to retain his lightweight title against Stoyan Koprivlenski.
Featherweight champ Petchpanomrung will bid to turn back the challenge of Abraham Vidales, while Sergej Maslobojev and Tarik Khbabez will face off for the vacant light heavyweight strap.
Check the full official weigh-in results below.
Glory: Collision 4 – Official Weigh-In Results
- Badr Hari (252.2) vs. Alistair Overeem (248.7)
- Tiffany van Soest (121.25) vs. Sarah Moussaddak. (121.25) – for super bantamweight title
- Sergej Maslobojev (208) vs. Tarik Khbabez (208.5) – for vacant light heavyweight title
- Tyjani Beztati (154.1) vs. Stoyan Koprivlenski (154.3) – for lightweight title
- Petchpanomrung (143) vs. Abraham Vidales (142.9) – for featherweight title
- Levi Rigters (252.2) vs. Tariq Osaro (276.7)
- Serkan Özçağlayan (184.3) vs. Cesar Almeida (187.1)
- Felipe Micheletti (209.4) vs. Donegi Abena (209.4)
- Michael Boapeah (185.4) vs. Sergej Braun (187.2)