The battle for the vacant Bellator lightweight title is officially on after contenders Peter Queally and Patricky Pitbull both successfully made weight for their 155-pound world title clash in Dublin, Ireland.
The pair took to the scale on Thursday at the official weigh-ins, with Queally bang on the 155-pound championship weight limit. Pitbull, meanwhile, came in with poundage to spare after tipping the scale at a trim 153.6 pounds.
The only weigh-in mishap came in the co-main event, as American bantamweight contender Patchy Mix arrived on the scale over the contracted 136-pound non-title limit for his bout with Ireland’s James Gallagher.
Mix came in at 137.8 pounds for the bout, while Gallagher was on the money, coming in at 136 pounds on the nose.
The remaining 20 fighters on the card all made weight successfully as the fight card was officially confirmed for Friday night, where the 3Arena will be rocking as Ireland’s Queally looks to become the first Irish fighter to capture a major MMA world title since Conor McGregor. Pitbull, looking to keep the championship in the family after his brother Patricio relinquished the belt, will have other plans.
Check out the best of the weigh-in photos below. All pics courtesy of Bellator MMA / Lucas Noonan.
Peter Queally vs. Patricky Pitbull
James Gallagher vs. Patchy Mix
Daniel Weichel vs. Pedro Carvalho
Ilias Bulaid vs. Georges Sasu
Bellator 270: Official Weigh-In Results
- Peter Queally (155.0) vs. Patricky Pitbull (153.6) – for vacant Bellator lightweight title
- James Gallagher (136.0) vs. Patchy Mix (137.8)*
- Daniel Weichel (145.6) vs. Pedro Carvalho (145.8)
- Ilias Bulaid (145.8) vs. Georges Sasu (144.6)
- Ciaran Clarke (145.6) vs. Jordan Barton (143.0)
- Daniele Scatizzi (155.0) vs. Brian Hooi (156.0)
- Lee Chadwick (205.6) vs. Arunas Andriuskevicus (205.4)
- Nicolo Solli (170.8) vs. Bobby Pallett (170.6)
- Danni Neilan (115.6) vs. Audrey Kerouche (114.8)
- Junior Morgan (156.0) vs. Darragh Kelly (155.4)
- Stephen Costello (171.0) vs. Yusuf Nazokatov (170.8)
- Gokhan Saricam (236.4) vs. Charlie Milner (263.2)
*Mix missed weight by 1.8 pounds.