The final official weigh-ins of Fedor Emelianenko’s MMA career passed off without a hitch as “The Last Emperor’s” last registered weight made his title fight rematch with Ryan Bader official ahead of Bellator 290 in California.
Emelianenko will challenge former foe and defending heavyweight champion Bader for his title in what will be the Russian’s final fight before he retires from the sport at the end of fight night in Inglewood, California.
And, at the official weigh-ins ahead of fight night, there were no problems for either of the two main event stars, with Bader tipping the scale at 234.4 pounds and Emeliananko coming in 1.8 pounds heavier, at 236.2.
The co-main event features a battle for the Bellator middleweight title, as champion Johnny Eblen puts his newly-won title on the line for the first time against Fedor’s teammate and surging middleweight contender Anatoly Tokov. Both came in comfortably under the 185-pound limit, with Eblen at 184 pounds, and Tokov 184.8 pounds, as they made their title clash official.
The main card opener, a welterweight clash between Sabah Homasi and Brennan Ward, promises a thrilling clash, and both men came in at identical weights, with both tipping the scale at 170.8 pounds.
There was one weight miss on the card, with Russia’s Julia Avsaragova weighing in 2.8 pounds over the 126-pound non-title flyweight limit for her bout with Alejandra Lara.
Elsewhere on the card, bantamweight Jaylon Bates needed three visits to the scale before finally making the 136-pound limit for his bout with Jornel Lugo.
Check the full list of official weights below.
Bellator 290: Official weigh-in results
- Ryan Bader (c) (234.4) vs. Fedor Emelianenko (236.2) – for heavyweight title
- Johnny Eblen (c) (184) vs. Anatoly Tokov (184.8) – for middleweight title
- Sabah Homasi (170.8) vs. Brennan Ward (170.8)
- Neiman Gracie (170.4) vs. Dante Schiro (170.6)
- Mukhamed Berkhamov (171) vs. Lorenz Larkin (171)
- Henry Corrales (145.6) vs. Akhmed Magomedov (145.2)
- Ali Isaev (261.8) vs. Steve Mowry (253.4)
- Chris Gonzalez (155.6) vs. Max Rohskopf (155.6)
- Karl Albrektsson (205.2) vs. Grant Neal (205.2)
- Diana Avsaragova (128.8*) vs. Alejandra Lara (125.8)
- Darrion Caldwell (135.8) vs. Nikita Mikhailov (135.4)
- Jaylon Bates (136) vs. Jornel Lugo (135)
- Isaiah Hokit (145.6) vs. Peter Ishiguro (145)
- Ethan Hughes (170.8) vs. Yusuf Karakaya (170.2)
* Avsaragova missed weight by 2.8 pounds.