Cage Warriors’ 20th anniversary event in London this summer will feature a packed card of top-drawer matchups from the UK’s premier MMA promotion, and their lineup for July 22 just got even stronger.
That’s because a second championship bout has been added to the fight card for Cage Warriors 141 at the Indigo at The O2, with flyweight champion Sam Creasey set to put his title on the line against undefeated Dylan Hazan in the co-main event.
Creasey is a longtime veteran of the Cage Warriors promotion who captured the flyweight title with a submission finish of Luke Shanks last October. A rematch with Shanks saw Creasey defeated, but “Urai” retained his title due to Shanks failing to make the 125-pound championship limit.
Now Creasey will look to cement his status as the organisation’s premier 125-pounder when he faces Hazan, who arrives with an unblemished 8-0 record.
“I’m looking forward to a fantastic contest against a young and hungry fighter,” said Creasey.
Italy’s Hazan has claimed a hat-trick of wins under the Cage Warriors banner to earn his shot at the title. Victories over Josh Reed, Scott Malone and Raymison Bruno. Now he wants to extend his perfect professional record and claim a Cage Warriors title in the process.
“I have a lot of respect for Sam Creasey,” said Hazan.
“He’s a very good and skilled fighter – it’s going to be a war – but I can’t wait to fight him and become the new Cage Warriors champion.”
Cage Warriors 141: Announced bouts
- Kyle Driscoll vs. George Hardwick – for vacant lightweight title
- Sam Creasey (c) vs. Dylan Hazan – for flyweight title
- Mick Stanton vs. Darren Stewart
- Jimmy Wallhead vs. Daniel Skibinski
- Agy Sardari vs. Michal Figlak
- Tobias Harila vs. James Hendin
- Naglis Kanisauskas vs. Will Currie
- Jeremy Petley vs. Steve Aimable
- Jesse Urholin vs. Madars Fleminas
- Reece McEwan vs. Kingsley Crawford
- Sam Spencer vs. Adam Amarasinghe
- Ander Sanchez vs. Lone’er Kavanagh