Cage Warriors’ planned title fight double-header this weekend has taken a hit ahead of fight night in London after one of the bouts was forced off the card.
The fight card for the Indigo at the O2 was supposed to feature two championship bouts at the top of the card, but the flyweight title fight between champion Sam Creasey and Dylan Hazan has been removed from the card following the official weigh-ins.
Thursday’s weigh-in session ahead of Cage Warriors 141 saw 25 of the 26 fighters in attendance make weight in the session. But, crucially, title challenger Hazan came in two and a half pounds over the 125-pound championship limit.
It meant that Hazan was ineligible to contest the title against Creasey, who made weight successfully – and the bout itself was scrapped from the card when Creasey opted not to face Hazan in a catchweight non-title bout.
The night’s other title fight remains intact, meanwhile, with Kyle Driscoll and George Hardwick both coming in under the 155-pound lightweight title limit their fight for the vacant title.
The card also suffered two cancellations further down the bout sheet, with Araik Margarian and Kevin Simon Cesari both failing to clear their mandatory pre-fight medicals. Their bouts against Nathan Fletcher and Luke Riley respectively were both cancelled as a result.
The new co-main event will feature the return of UK MMA legend Jimmy Wallhead, who takes on Poland’s Daniel Skibinski in a welterweight showcase.
Cage Warriors 141: Official Weigh-In Results
- Kyle Driscoll (154.5) vs. George Hardwick (154.3) – for lightweight title
- Jimmy Wallhead (169.9) vs. Daniel Skibinski (171)
- Agy Sardari (155.6) vs. Michal Figlak (155.4)
- Mick Stanton (185.2) vs. Darren Stewart (183.4)
- Samuel Bark (146) vs. Tobias Harila (144.8)
- Jeremy Petley (144.7) vs. Steve Aimable (145.7)
- Reece McEwan (135.1) vs. Kingsley Crawford (132.9)
- Naglis Kanisauskas (183.7) vs. Will Currie (185.4)
- Sam Spencer (136) vs. Adam Amarasinghe (133.8)
- Jesse Urholin (169.6) vs. Madars Fleminas (170.2)
- Ander Sanchez (124.5) vs. Lone’er Kavanagh (124.8)
- Omiel Brown (177.4) vs. Alexander Lindgren (176.4)