The lightweight title fight at Cage Warriors 147 is official and ready for Sunday night’s special “Unplugged” event at the BT Sport Studios in Stratford, London.
Defending champion George Hardwick arrived on weight and ready as he tipped the scale at 154 pounds, one pound under the championship limit. But there was a little drama when challenger Chris Bungard arrived on the scale at 157.7 pounds, 2.7 pounds over.
Bungard then had to go away and work off the excess poundage before weighing in again within the allotted time. Thankfully, the Scot’s second trip to the scale delivered the right result, with Bungard hitting 155 pounds on the dot to make his title challenge official.
“The Bad Guy” will look to dethrone Hardwick, who captured the 155-pound title with a fourth-round knockout of Kyle Driscoll at Cage Warriors 141 in July. Bungard, meanwhile, made his Cage Warriors debut at Cage Warriors 142 and defeated Erick da Silva via split decision to earn himself a shot at the belt.
The rest of the card weighed in successfully, including featherweights Morgan Charriere and Daniel Bazant, who look set to collide in an explosive co-main event that could propel the winner toward a title shot against newly-crowned champion Paul Hughes.
Check out the full list of weights below.
Cage Warriors 147: Official Weigh-In Results
- George Hardwick (154) vs. Chris Bungard (155*) – for lightweight title
- Morgan Charriere (145.3) vs. Daniel Bazant (145.5)
- Will Currie (184.5) vs Michael Tchamou (183.8)
- Jan Quaeyhaegens (156) vs Erick da Silva (155.8)
- Omran Chaaban (170) vs George McManus (171)
- Alan Carlos (186) vs Matt Bonner (185.7)
- Daniel Ladero (203.8) vs Matty Byfield (204.4)
- Adam Darby (170.5) vs Mush Aslani (170.8)
- Paddy Wilkinson (169.6) vs Milton Alfonso Cabral (168.3)
*Bungard originally weighed in at 157.7 pounds.