Former UFC flyweight title challenger Wilson Reis extended his winning run to three fights with a third-round finish of Johnny Campbell at Cage Warriors 149.
Reis finished Campbell via third-round rear-naked choke to put him on a real tear in the Cage Warriors bantamweight division, and potentially edge him closer to a shot at the promotion’s bantamweight title.
The co-main event saw Jamey Lynch pick up a shutout win on the scorecards against Johnny Eivas, with the San Diego-based lightweight earning his sixth career win with scores of 30-26, 30-27, 30-27, while rising featherweight prospect Damon Wilson improved his record to 6-1 with a unanimous decision victory over Shawn Johnson.
The card also saw victories for Roberto Hernandez, who edged a split decision over 26-fight veteran John De Jesus, and Black Perry, who outpointed Joshua Nakagawa in the opening bout of the night.
Cage Warriors returns home to London for Cage Warriors 150 on March 17, as the promotion kicks off a packed weekend of fights in the English capital.
Cage Warriors 149: Official results
- Wilson Reis def. Johnny Campbell via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 2:20
- Jamey Lynch def. Georgii Eivas via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Damon Wilson def. Shawn Johnson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Roberto Hernandez def. John De Jesus via unanimous decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Blake Perry def. Joshua Nakagawa via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
*Alex Trinidad vs. Alberto Romo canceled (Trinidad illness)