Former Cage Warriors featherweight champion Jordan Vucenic returned to action in the main event looking to bounce back to winning ways, and he did so in emphatic fashion with a dominant second-round submission of Tiziano Ferranti at Cage Warriors 150 in London.
The UK promotion often holds events the night before big UFC shows in London, and fight fans who had traveled to the English capital were treated to a feast of finishes at the Indigo at The O2, with nine of the 10 matchups on the card delivering inside-the-distance results.
Vucenic was the star attraction, with the ever-popular Corby fighter bringing his usual army of fans to London to roar him on. And the traveling faithful weren’t left disappointed as Vucenic quickly settled into his work as he dominated previously undefeated Italian prospect Ferranti en route to a second-round rear-naked-choke victory, with the tap coming at the 3:26 mark.
The co-main event also saw a rear-naked choke finish, as welterweight contenders Justin Burlinson and Jamie Richardson went toe to toe in a bid to move themselves one step closer to a shot at the 170-pound title.
In the end, it was Burlinson who locked up the RNC for the win with just 65 seconds remaining in the fight. He improves to 8-2, and will have a close eye on the upcoming welterweight title fight between champion Rhys McKee and interim champ Jimmy Wallhead at Cage Warriors 153 in Dublin on April 29.
Elsewhere on a spectacular card, undefeated flyweight prospect Lone’er Kavanagh added another big win to his growing resume with a third-round spinning heel kick finish of previously unbeaten Italian Davide Scarano, while the main card kicked off with finishes for Jan Quaeyhaegens and Kate Bacik, who claimed victories by elbow KO and rear-naked choke, respectively.
Cage Warriors 150: Official results
- Jordan Vucenic def. Tiziano Ferranti via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:26
- Justin Burlinson def. Jamie Richardson via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 3:55
- Lone’er Kavanagh def. Davide Scarano via TKO (spinning heel kick and punches) – Round 3, 0:58
- Kate Bacik def. Awa Sow via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:38
- Jan Quaeyhaegens def. Alberto Ciardo via TKO (elbows) – Round 2, 4:18
- Nik Bagley def. Wesley Machado via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:13
- Daniel Skibinski def. Omiel Brown via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jack Eglin def. Ilie Meryacre via TKO (punches and elbows) – Round 1, 2:44
- Weslley Maia def. Bogdan Barbu via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:33
- Omran Chaaban def. Mush Aslani via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 1, 4:47