The fighters have taken to the scale in London ahead of Cage Warriors 151, with both championship contenders successfully tipping the scale inside the championship limit for their main event matchup.
The headline bout will see a battle for the vacant Cage Warriors middleweight title, and both Will Currie and Mick Stanton came in on weight and ready for their championship clash. Currie tipped the scale at 184 pounds, one pound inside the championship limit, while Stanton arrived at 184.5 pounds to make their matchup official.
Twenty-four fighters have been cleared to compete for the event, with just one fighter missing his contractual weight for Friday night’s event at the BT Sport studios in Stratford.
Bantamweight Adrian Wieliczko came in 2.3 pounds over the 136-pound non-title limit for his bout with Shirzad Qadrian. But, after declining to cut any more weight, and consultation with Qadrian’s team, it was agreed that the bout will proceed as planned, with Wieliczgo incurring a fine for his weight miss.
The only other minor slip-up came in the co-main event, where Cage Warriors veteran Steve Aimable arrived 1.3 pounds over the 146-pound non-title limit for his featherweight bout with Alberth Dias. Aimable then went away to cut the remaining weight, then returned within the weigh-in window to hit 145 pounds on the nose to make his matchup with the Brazilian official.
One bout has been removed from the fight card, with complications with featherweight Matthew Camilleri’s weight cut forcing his bout with Aidan Stephen (who weighed in at 145 pounds) off the fight card for the event.
Cage Warriors 151: Official weigh-in results
- Mick Stanton (184.5) vs. Will Currie (184) – for vacant middleweight title
- Alberth Dias (149.5) vs. Steve Aimable (145)
- Yan Blasco (154.7) vs. Agy Sardari (155.8)
- Adrian Wieliczko (138.3*) vs. Shirzad Qadrian (133.1)
- Stipe Brcic (125.7) vs. Jhonata Silva (122.7)
- Naglis Kanisauskas (185) vs. Michael Tchamou (184.3)
- Prince McLean (205) vs. Matty Byfield (203.7)
- Guilherme Cadena (184.2) vs. Matthew Bonner (185)
- Kiru Singh Sahota (125.8) vs. Shawn Da Silva (125.2)
- Pav Sahota (136) vs. Sam Kelly (134.9)
- Ander Sanchez (125.2) vs. Ryan Hewitt (125)
*Fighter missed weight