There were no slip-ups on the scale as the welterweight title unification bout between Rhys McKee and Jimmy Wallhead was made official at Friday’s weigh-ins ahead of Cage Warriors 153.
Reigning champion McKee and interim champ Wallhead will go head to head in the main event at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland, with the unified 170-pound championship on the line.
Both men weighed in with a little to spare, with McKee tipping the scale at 169.4 pounds, while Wallhead came in marginally heavier, at 169.7 pounds.
The night’s co-main event features a pair of crowd-pleasing featherweights, and the two combatants, Ryan Shelley and Tobias Harila, both arrived on weight and ready for their bout, with Shelley weighing 145.9 pounds, and Harila almost a pound and a half lighter, at 144.5.
The only issue on the scale came on the preliminary card, where Nicolas Leblond initially weighed in at 126.3 pounds for his flyweight bout with Ryan Curtis. He needed to lose a further 0.3 pounds, and Leblond eventually returned to the scale within the allotted time and made weight, at 125.3 pounds.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
Cage Warriors 153: Official weigh-in results
- Rhys McKee (169.4) vs. Jimmy Wallhead (169.7) – for unified welterweight title
- Ryan Shelley (145.9) vs. Tobias Harila (144.5)
- Morgan Charriere (147.9) vs. Pedro Souza (149)
- James Sheehan (168.8) vs. Oban Elliott (170.3)
- Decky McAleenan (145.3) vs. Wasi Adeshina (144.1)
- Taka Mhandu (135.3) vs. Benoit Blanc (136)
- Paddy McCorry (185.7) vs. Angus Hewett (185.7)
- Adam Darby (167) vs. Jack Tucker (170.1)
- Leon Hill (155.7) vs. Marcin Zembala (155.2)
- Solomon Simon (143.5) vs. Dorian Cliucinicov (143.9)
- Ryan Curtis (125.5) vs. Nicolas Leblond (125.3*)
- Adam Shelley (159.7) vs. Muhammed Kir Ahmet (159.2)
- Alexander O’Sullivan (136.1) vs. Afrim Thaqi (138.1)
- Kyle McClurkin (185.1) vs. Owain Williams (184.7)
*Leblond originally weighed in at 126.3 pounds