Cage Warriors flyweight champion Shaj Haque puts his title on the line on enemy territory this weekend, as the recently-crowned 125-pound king heads to Rome for his first title defense.
Haque will look to defend his championship in the main event of Cage Warriors 158, which takes place on Saturday night at Fiera Roma, Italy. The event streams internationally on UFC Fight Pass.
Standing across the cage from Haque is a man who already knows what it takes to win Cage Warriors gold. Italy’s Michele Martignoni is a former bantamweight champion, who opted to relinquish the title in order to seek more challenges in a lower weight class.
The event also marks the long-awaited return to action of former two-division champion Mason Jones, who takes on 32-fight veteran Alexandre Ribeiro.
Jones captured Cage Warriors titles at lightweight and welterweight before heading to the UFC, where he endured a tricky four-fight run that saw him win once, lose twice and see another bout that he was winning end up as a no contest.
The Welshman then opted to explore free agency at the end of his deal, and returned to the Cage Warriors fold. Now he’ll face Ribeiro in a lightweight matchup as he looks to make inroads towards the title he once held.
Fifteen Italian fighters are set for action at Fiera Roma, including strawweight Micol di Segni, who is looking to continue her good form since losing out on Dana White’s Contender Series back in 2019.
Di Segni lost a unanimous decision to Mallory Martin at the UFC Apex, but has bounced back well since, going 3-1, including a hard-earned unanimous decision victory over Bryony Tyrell on her promotional debut at Cage Warriors 144 last October.
Cage Warriors 158: Fight card
- Shaj Haque vs. Michele Martignoni – for flyweight title
- Dario Bellandi vs Naglis Kaniskauskas
- Mason Jones vs. Alexandre Ribeiro
- Micol di Segni vs. Amanda Torres
- Michael Pagani vs. James Power
- Emanuele Zaccaria vs. Sylwester Miller
- Dumitru Girlean vs. Simone Manno
- Gianluca Scottoli vs. Sam Kelly
- Gianluca Rocca vs. Guido Possidente
- Alexandre Pirev vs. Daan Dauijs
- Giacomo Michelis vs. Idriss M’Roivili
- Emanuele Sabatino vs. Aaron Johnson
- Emanuele Tetti vs. Dario Palazzo
- Florian Doskja vs. Amir Malekpour