The battle for the Cage Warriors welterweight title is official after combatants Omiel Brown and Giannis Bachar both successfully made championship weight for their main event fight at Cage Warriors 163.
Brown and Bachar will face off in the main event at the Indigo at The O2 in London, and both men showed up in ripped and ready at Friday’s official weigh-ins, with Brown tipping the scale at 169.7 pounds, and Bachar marginally lighter, at 169.4 pounds.
The pair sit atop a 12-fight card that also features a middleweight co-main event between Will Currie (184.9) and Wallison Henrique (183.7), while flyweight Shawn Da Silva (126) will look to impress against former bantamweight title challenger Gerardo Fanny, who missed weight after coming in at 126.6 pounds on his second attempt after initially arriving on the scale at 128 pounds.
The bout lineup lost one fight and gained another after Annalisa La Bella was not medically cleared to compete in her planned bout with Rhi-Rhi Hudson. That matchup was replaced by a short notice bantamweight bout, as Kate Bacik faces Sineadh Ni Nuallain.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
Cage Warriors 163: Official weigh-in results
- Omiel Brown (169.7) vs. Giannis Bachar (169.4) – for vacant welterweight title
- Will Currie (184.9) vs. Wallison Henrique (183.7)
- Shawn Da Silva (126) vs. Gerardo Fanny (126.6*)
- Wesley Machado (143.5) vs. Luca Borando (145.3)
- Jimmy Quinn (135.9) vs. Tom Wright (134.7)
- Angus Hewett (185.1) vs. Francesco Mazzeo (185.2)
- Mateusz Figlak (170.1) vs. Denilson Neves (170.4)
- Tariq Pell (159.4) vs. Michael Blair (159.9)
- Sineadh Ni Nuallain (133.4) vs. Kate Bacik (134.3)
- Teddy Stringer (155.4) vs. Italo Julio Lima (151.8)
- Shirzad Qadrian (133.5) vs. Rory Evans (135.6)
- Adam Darby (170.1) vs. Thorsten Jacobs (169.6)