Oktagon MMA has made a big-name addition to its fight card for this weekend’s Oktagon 39 event, with former Bellator middleweight champion and UFC veteran Hector Lombard joining the lineup for a special boxing match.
Lombard, whose career has spanned 48 professional MMA fights, will take on Oktagon knockout artist Vlasto Cepo in a boxing match at Munich’s Audi Dome on February 11.
The Cuban powerhouse, who went undefeated from 2011 to 2017 in a remarkable 25-fight run that also saw him capture the Bellator middleweight title, has more recently competed in bare-knuckle competition for BKFC, where he became the organization’s cruiserweight champion.
Now he’ll don the boxing gloves to take on Cepo, an 11-2 MMA fighter with a 100 percent finish rate. The Serbian, known as “El Chapo,” was last in action at Oktagon 37, where he finished Gianni Melilli via first-round TKO.
The bout joins a packed fight card, with Germany’s Christian Jungwirth taking on Denilson Neves de Oliveira in the headline bout of the evening.
The fight card did suffer a scratch during fight week with the cancellation of the bout between James Lewis and Niklas Stolze after both men suffered injuries in their final preparations for the bout.
Oktagon 39: Fight card
- Christian Jungwirth vs. Denilson Neves de Oliveira
- Alexander Poppeck vs. Martin Zawada
- Losene Keita vs. Samuel Bark
- Vlasto Cepo vs. Hector Lombard – boxing match
- Rafael Xavier vs. Pavol Langer
- Ronald Paradeiser vs. Vlado Sikic
- Hatef Moeil vs. Wallyson Carvalho
- Vladimir Lengal vs. Cem Kuyumcuoglu
- Marek Bartl vs. Kevin Hangs
- Tayo Odunjo vs. Lukas Cruz
Photo credit: Hector Lombard (Instagram)