In a highly anticipated title showdown at LFA 163, Javier “El Mariachi” Garcia defeated Elijah “Baby” Johns via submission to capture the vacant LFA featherweight championship.
Garcia locked up an arm-triangle choke with just 21 seconds remaining in the second round to claim the submission finish, though the win was tinged with controversy after it transpired that Johns did not tap, and was not rendered unconscious before the referee stepped in to stop the fight.
Nonetheless, Garcia was declared the winner via second-round submission and claimed the vacant 145-pound LFA title in the process to become the promotions’ seventh featherweight champion.
The night’s co-main event featured Will Starks, who claimed his fifth win under the LFA banner with a unanimous decision victory over Johnny Hopper.
LFA 163: Official results
- Javier Garcia def. Elijah Johns via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:39 – for vacant featherweight title
- Will Starks def. Johnny Hopper via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Landry Ward def. Matheus Pereira via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Angel Alvarez def. Milko Tucto via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Kevin Fernandez def. Javier Cepeda via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 1, 4:22
- Alik Lorenz def. Kyler Fairchild via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4:26
- Erique Owens def. Jota Ninomiya via TKO (ground strikes) – Round 2, 3:06
- Oseyiomon Oiyemhonlan def. Zumarr Archer via knockout (head kick) – Round 3, 1:39
- John Beckett def. Ian Engbrock via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)