There are big fights and there are big fights. The co-main event of KSW 64 was a BIG fight.
That’s because it featured a colossal matchup between super heavyweight behemoths Mariusz Pudzianowski and Serigne Ousmane Dia, better known by his fighting moniker, “Bombardier.”
It saw five-time World’s Strongest Man Pudzianowski put his skills to the test against the Senegalese wrestling sensation in a bout that saw the two fighters weigh a combined 587 pounds, and it only lasted 18 seconds.
After Pudzianowski smartly opened up with a couple of leg kicks that found their mark, Bombardier decided enough was enough and surged forward looking to connect with big shots.
But it was Pudzianowski who delivered the biggest shot of all as he connected with a peach of a right hand to send the Senegalese goliath crashing to the canvas, unconscious.
— Simon Head (@simonhead) October 23, 2021
It gave the powerful Pole the 16th win – and the eighth knockout – of his MMA career and showed that bigger doesn’t always mean better.
The main event of the evening saw reigning KSW bantamweight champion Sebastian Przybysz retain his 135-pound title via third-round inverted triangle choke as he dispatched Brazilian contender Bruno Santos inside the distance.
There was also a spectacular finish from featherweight contender Daniel Rutkowski, who scored a stunning second-round head-kick knockout of Filip Pejic in their 145-pound bout.
KSW 64: Official Results
- Sebastian Przybysz def. Bruno Santos via submission (inverted triangle) – Round 3, 4:20
- Mariusz Pudzianowski def. Bombardier via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:18
- Daniel Rutkowski def. Filip Pejic via knockout (head kick) – Round 2, 2:11
- Robert Ruchala def. Patryk Kaczmarczyk via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Michal Pietrzak vs. Shamil Musaev ruled a majority draw (28-28, 28-28, 27-29)
- Sylwia Juskiewicz def. Karolina Owczarz via unanimous decision (28-27, 28-26, 29-26)
- Cezary Kesik def. Marcin Krakowiak via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:17
- Jason Radcliffe def. Albert Odzimkowski via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:44
- Oumar Sy def. Adam Tomasik via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:22