Former KSW middleweight champion Michal Materla is stepping up to take on one of the biggest challenges of his 39-fight career when he faces a fellow KSW legend at KSW 70.
Materla, who is one of the Polish promotion’s most beloved athletes, will take on arguably the only Polish KSW veteran with even more fan support than his own – five-time World’s Strongest Man and heavyweight behemoth Mariusz Pudzianowski.
The pair took to the scale at today’s official weigh-ins ahead of their main event clash in Lodz, Poland, with “Pudz” coming away with a 34-pound weight advantage over the former 185-pound champion.
Pudzianowski tipped the scale at a solid 256 pounds, while Materla came in at 222 pounds for their heavyweight matchup, which takes place live on KSWTV.com on Saturday night.
Also set for action is former Chelsea FC backup goalkeeper Ricardo Prasel, who faces off against Polish veteran and former UFC heavyweight Daniel Omielianczuk, while former international WBO, WBA and IBF boxing champ Izu Ugonoh returns to rematch Marek Samociuk in a bid to gain revenge for his second-round TKO defeat in their first meeting.
The card also features the KSW debut of former kickboxing ace Jason Wilnis as he takes on fellow former kickboxer Radoslaw Paczuski.
Holland’s Wilnis is a former Glory middleweight champion whose first title defence for the kickboxing promotion saw him claim a unanimous decision win over the current undisputed UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya.
Now Wilnis has followed Adesanya’s path from the kickboxing ring to the MMA cage, and he’ll be looking to make a big impression on his promotional debut for KSW this weekend.
KSW 70: Official Weigh-In Results
- Mariusz Pudzianowski (256) vs. Michal Materla (222)
- Ricardo Prasel (239) vs. Daniel Omelianczuk (254)
- Ivan Erslan (206) vs. Rafal Kijanczuk (205)
- Marek Samociuk (256) vs. Izu Ugonoh (236)
- Damian Piwowarczyk (206) vs. Bartosz Lesko (204)
- Radoslaw Paczuski (186) vs. Jason Wilnis (185)
- Anita Bekus (115) vs. Roberta Zocco (116)
- Albert Odzimkowski (188) vs. Tommy Quinn (188)
- Lucasz Rajewski (163) vs. Francisco Barrio (163)