Five-time former World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski scored a massive one-punch knockout of former KSW middleweight champion Michal Materla in their heavyweight battle at KSW 70.
The two KSW legends faced off in a heavyweight main event in Lodz, Poland, with Materla moving up two weight classes to meet the musclebound strongman in an eye-catching headline attraction that delivered a spectacular finish.
The pair weighed in with Pudzianowski more than 30 pounds heavier than Materla, and that size difference looked even bigger on fight night, with Pudzianowski flattening his man with one huge uppercut to score the 17th win of his MMA career.
When a five-time World's Strongest Man hits you, you stay hit. Massive knockout from Mariusz Pudzianowski at #KSW70 pic.twitter.com/v8aUg4cAcx
— Simon Head (@simonhead) May 28, 2022
In the co-main event, former Chelsea FC backup goalkeeper Ricardo Prasel claimed a big-name scalp with a first-round heel-hook submission of former UFC heavyweight Daniel Omielianczuk.
The bout began with a false start, as Prasel connected with a kick to the groin with the first strike of the fight. But, after the action resumed, the pair traded strikes as they settled into their work.
Omielianczuk caught a Prasel kick and took his man to the mat, but during the scrambles, the former soccer player grabbed a leg and, after a few different attempts, managed to force the tap to claim an impressive first-round finish.
The event also saw the KSW debut of former Glory middleweight kickboxing world champion Jason Wilnis. But his eagerly-awaited promotional bow ended in disappointment when he suffered a dislocated finger in the third round that forced the fight to be stopped.
KSW 70: Official Results
- Mariusz Pudzianowski def. Michal Materla via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 1:47
- Ricardo Prasel def. Daniel Omelianczuk via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 1:38
- Ivan Erslan def. Rafal Kijanczuk via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:31
- Marek Samociuk def. Izu Ugonoh via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:38
- Bartosz Lesko def. Damian Piwowarczyk via unanimous decision
- Radoslaw Paczuski def. Jason Wilnis via TKO (Injury) – Round 3, 1:46
- Anita Bekus def. Roberta Zocco via unanimous decision
- Albert Odzimkowski def. Tommy Quinn via TKO (injury) – Round 1, 2:56
- Francisco Barrio def. Lucasz Rajewski via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:52