After 25 of the 26 fighters successfully made weight ahead of their respective bouts on Thursday morning, they replenished their bodies with food and water, then faced off for the final time ahead of their matchups at Bellator 281 in London.
The main event will see a battle for the vacant interim Bellator welterweight title, as England’s Michael “Venom” Page takes on American contender Logan Storley, while the co-main event sees England’s Fabian Edwards test his mettle against former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida.
Former flyweight title challenger and kickboxing champ Denise Kielholtz returns to action against Japan’s Kana Watanabe, and English light heavyweight prospect Luke Trainer returns to action on home soil against Simon Biyong.
The only fighter to miss weight at the official morning weigh-ins was middleweight Alan Carlos, who came in 3.2 pounds over the non-title limit of 186 pounds for his bout with Charlie Ward. The bout will now proceed as a catchweight bout.
The fight card at the OVO Arena, Wembley also features the retirement bout of English MMA legend Paul “Semtex” Daley, who takes on replacement opponent Wendell Giacomo.
It promises to be another raucous night in the English capital, and you can recap the final face-offs as the fighters sized up one another for the final time at the ceremonial weigh-ins.
Recap the action from the event via the video below.
Bellator 281: Official weigh-in results
- Michael Page (168.6) vs. Logan Storley (169.4) – for interim welterweight title
- Fabian Edwards (185) vs. Lyoto Machida (185)
- Denise Kielholtz (124.2) vs. Kana Watanabe (125.2)
- Paul Daley (174.4) vs. Wendell Giacomo (174.2)
- Simon Biyong (205.2) vs. Luke Trainer (205)
- Daniel Weichel (145.2) vs. Robert Whiteford (145.8)
- Oliver Enkamp (168.8) vs. Mark Lemminger (170.2)
- Kate Jackson (125.6) vs. Elina Kallionidou (125.8)
- Alfie Davis (155.8) vs. Tim Wilde (155.8)
- Andrew Fisher (145.4) vs. Attila Korkmaz (145.8)
- Alan Carlos (189.2*) vs. Charlie Ward (184.8)
- Lee Chadwick (205.4) vs. Maciej Rozanski (204.8)
- Lanchana Green (115) vs. Chiara Penco (115.2)
*Carlos misses weight by 3.2 pounds