UFC light heavyweight contenders Magomed Ankalaev and Johnny Walker will renew their rivalry when they face off in the main event of a UFC Fight Night event in Las Vegas on Saturday, January 13.
Ankalaev and Walker faced off at UFC 294 in Abu Dhabi, with the bout halted just three minutes, 13 seconds into the opening round and ruled a no-contest after an illegal Ankalaev knee to the head of a downed Walker left him, according to the cageside doctor, unable to continue.
Both Walker and Ankalaev were far from happy with the ending to the fight, with some bad blood simmering as the pair left the cage. Now they’ll face off for a second time in a bid to produce a definitive result, with one man set to move into title contention with a win.
Also set for action on the January 13 card is UFC veteran Jim Miller, who will face off against Gabriel Benitez in a 155-pound matchup.
Miller, who holds the UFC all-time records for most fights (42) and most wins (25), has had his sights set on a spot on UFC 300, is hoping to become the only fighter to have fought on UFC 100, 200, and 300. But in order to give himself a shot at that card, he’ll have to come through his bout with Mexico’s Benitez unscathed.
A host of other matchups have been officially confirmed for the event, including a battle between top 10-ranked flyweights as Matheus Nicolau takes on Manel Kape, while top 10 women’s bantamweights go toe to toe, as Ketlen Vieira takes on Macy Chiasson. Also in action on the card are fellow top 10 bantamweights Yana Santos and Norma Dumont.
UFC Vegas 84: Confirmed fights
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Johnny Walker
- Jim Miller vs. Gabriel Benitez
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Manel Kape
- Gabriel Santos vs. Westin Wilson
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Macy Chiasson
- Yana Santos vs. Norma Dumont
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Waldo Cortes Acosta
- Farid Basharat vs. Taylor Lapilus
- Bassil Hafez vs. Preston Parsons
- Phil Hawes vs. Brunno Ferreira
- Ricky Simon vs. Mario Bautista
- Felipe Bunes vs. Denys Bondar
- Marcus McGhee vs. Gaston Bolanos