The fight card is now officially set for Bellator 292, with the promotion returning to San Jose, California on March 10 with a stacked card featuring some of the best talent on their roster.
The latest big name to be added to the card is that of Michael “Venom” Page, who returns to action after his unsuccessful tilt at the welterweight title last year.
Page was edged out by Logan Storley via split-decision for the interim welterewight crown in London at Bellator 281 last May – a bout that even Bellator president Scott Coker felt the Brit had won – then took a busman’s holiday to compete bare-knuckle, at BKFC 27, where he lost a majority decision after a back-and-forth war with former UFC welterweight Mike Perry.
Now Page is back and looking to re-establish his championship credentials. Standing in his way is in-form Brazilian contender Goitu Yamauchi, who heads into the bout on a three-fight win streak, with all three victories coming via finish.
Page’s bout with Yamauchi will kick off the four-fight main card at the SAP Center on March 10, with two lightweight grand prix bouts set to top the card in California.
Headlining the event is a lightweight title fight between newly-crowned 155-pound champion Usman Nurmagomedov, who will put his title, his undefeated record and his place in the grand prix on the line against former UFC champ Benson Henderson.
The co-main event features former Rizin lightweight champion Tofiq Musayev, who will look to punch his ticket to the semi-finals when he faces off against Alexander Shabliy.
A heavyweight clash is also booked for the main card, as former interim champion Valentin Moldavsky faces off against England’s Linton Vassell in a battle between the heavyweight division’s No. 1 and No. 2 contenders.
A stacked preliminary card is headed by a bantamweight battle between Brazil’s Leandro Higo and Ireland’s James Gallagher, while another pair of 135-pounders go head to head, as Enrique Barzola and Erik Perez get set to face off.
Bellator 292: Fight card
- Usman Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Benson Henderson – for lightweight title (lightweight grand prix quarter-final)
- Tofiq Musayev vs. Alexander Shabliy (lightweight grand prix quarter-final)
- Valentin Moldavsky vs. Linton Vassell
- Michael Page vs. Goiti Yamauchi
- Leandro Higo vs. James Gallagher
- Enrique Barzola vs. Erik Perez
- Keri Taylor Melendez vs. Bruna Ellen
- Cass Bell vs. Josh Hill
- Islam Mamedov vs. Shamil Nikaev
- Khalid Murtazaliev vs. Tony Johnson
- Julius Anglickas vs. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov
- Bobby Seronio III vs. Alberto Garcia
- Laird Anderson vs. Rogelio Luna
- Wladimir Gouvea vs. Sean Tucker
- Theo Haig vs. Adam Wamsley
- Dupree Stewart vs. Demetri Georgiades