A pair of 5-1 contenders will go head-to-head in the main event of LFA 158 as they battle for the vacant lightweight title in Arizona.
Gila River Resorts & Casinos – Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, Arizona, will play host to the event, as two martial arts specialists get set to test themselves with championship gold on the line.
In one corner, Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Jean-Paul Lebosnoyani. In the other, three-time All-American wrestler Jacobi Jones. The pair have identical 5-1 records, with the only notable difference in their records coming in their methods of victory. Jones has one KO and two submissions to his name, while Lebosnoyani has one KO and four submissions, giving him a 100 percent finish rate. It all makes for a fascinating clash as grappler faces wrestler for LFA gold.
“We are excited to bring the lightweight championship to Arizona at LFA 158,” said LFA CEO Ed Soares.
“Jean-Paul Lebosnoyani and Jacobi Jones are young fighters that both made their professional debut in our Octagon and have since developed into the top two lightweight prospects in the world.
“The timing for them to meet for the belt is now perfect with our former champion Aaron McKenzie vacating the title to compete on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter. The winner will become the seventh man to be crowned LFA lightweight champion.”
LFA 158: Official fight card
- Jean-Paul Lebosnoyani vs. Jacobi Jones – for vacant lightweight title
- Kevin Natividad vs. Matheus Silva
- Ray Waters vs. Tyler Veal
- An Ho vs. Edwin De Los Santos
- Braden Pagaoa vs. Humberto Duarte
- Kasey Tanner vs. Thiago Belo
- Alex Martinez vs. Tyler Jones
- Cedric Katambwa vs. Austin Wourms
- Ivan Tena vs. Riley Wiseman
- Chance Ikei vs. Joe Stafford
- Eric McConico vs. Kevem Felipe
- Ezra Elliott vs. Deshawn White – amateur bout
- Paul Marghitas vs. Kyetin Lindquist – amateur bout
- Grace DiFrancesco vs. Maia Schmidt – amateur bout
- Leon Mackey Jr. vs. Chris Putton – amateur bout
- Anthony Cruz vs. Adrian Munoz – amateur bout