London Shootfighters hot prospect Norbert Novenyi Jr continued his rise up the Bellator middleweight rankings with a near-flawless victory at Bellator 297.
Novenyi Jr. needed just 46 seconds to knock out Kamil Oniszczuk on the preliminary card as he improved his record to 7-0 with a superb display.
Oniszczuk was expected to provide a stern test of Novenyi’s credentials, but he barely laid a glove on the London-based Hungarian, who showcased his evolving striking skills in some style.
Showcasing a loose, relaxed stand-up style akin to his friend and training partner Michael “Venom” Page, Novenyi bounced in and out of range, connecting his right hand almost at will.
Oniszczuk simply had no answer to Novenyi, who eventually stunned, then dropped his man with big punches, then finished the fight with ground strikes to add more highlight-reel material to his growing collection.
Novenyi has designs on the Bellator middleweight title, and while he might not be at the top of the contenders list at 185 pounds just yet, his performance made a big statement to the rest of the division – I’m coming!
Bellator 297: Official results
- Vadim Nemkov def. Yoel Romero via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Sergio Pettis def. Patricio Pitbull via unanimous decision (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)
- Corey Anderson def. Phil Davis via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Gokhan Saricam def. Daniel James via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Wladmir Gouvea def. Gabriel Sayeg via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 0:20
- Kyle Crutchmer def. Bobby Nash via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:42
- Mike Hamel def. Shamil Nikaev via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Karl Moore def. Alex Polizzi via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Timur Khizriev def. Richie Smullen via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Gadzhi Rabadanov def. Pieter Buist via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ramazan Kuramagomedov def. Jaleel Willis via knockout (knee) – Round 1, 1:24
- Norbert Novenyi Jr. def. Kamil Oniszczuk via knockout (strikes) – Round 1, 0:46
- Archie Colgan def. Emmanuel Sanchez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jordan Newman def. Matthew Perry via submission (Americana) – Round 1, 4:20
- Cody Law def. Edwin Chavez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)