Czech MMA promotion is set to make history by hosting an event in Germany for the very first time, and they’re bringing a stacked card for the occasion.
Oktagon 33 will feature a battle for the undisputed lightweight title, as reigning two-division champion Ivan Buchinger takes on undefeated interim champion Losene Keita in the main event in Frankfurt on Saturday night.
Also set for action are the rival coaches from the promotion’s Oktagon Challenge TV series, as light heavyweights Stephan Puetz and Martin Zawada go head to head. The finale of the TV series will also take place on the card.
Longtime European MMA fans will find plenty of recognisable names on the card, including Karlos Vemola and Michal Pasternak, who go head to head in a light heavyweight bout, with former middleweight champ Vemola looking to deliver a statement victory before heading after the title he never lost inside the cage.
Also on the card, former professional footballer-turned-MMA star Christian Eckerlin will look to claim his eighth consecutive victory – and 15th win overall –against Brazilian opponent Denilson Neves de Oliveira in their welterweight bout.
Oktagon 33: Official Fight Card
- Ivan Buchinger (c) vs. Losene Keita (ic) (for lightweight title)
- Stephan Puetz vs. Martin Zawada
- TBA vs. TBA (Oktagon Challenge Finale)
- Christian Eckerlin vs. Denilson Neves de Oliveira
- Karlos Vemola vs. Michal Pasternak
- David Zawada vs. Erhan Kartal
- Christian Jungwirth vs. Ivica Truscek
- Zdenek Polivka vs. Cheick Kone
- Hatef Moeil vs. Kerisson Leal
- Jaroslav Pokorny vs. Ahmed Vila
- Donald Cosic vs. Adam Palasz
- Jamie Cordero vs. Ibrahim Cholo
- Michael Deiga-Scheck vs. Cory Tait