A spectacular setting of an open-air tennis stadium played host to Oktagon 34, as the Czech MMA promotion served up another exciting night of fights.
The main event saw a new light heavyweight champion crowned, as Karlos Vemola submitted Aleksandar Ilic via first-round arm-triangle choke to capture the vacant 205-pound title.
Vemola now plans to move back down to middleweight to challenge current champion Patrik Kincl, who is set to put his title on the line later this summer.
The co-main event featured a welterweight bout between former title challenger Mate Kertesz, who defeated Vladislav Kanchev mid-way through the final round.
Kanchev threatened early, but Kertesz gradually took control of the fight before eventually locking up a rear-naked choke for the win.
There was also a big win for former Glory kickboxer Daniel Skvor, who finished Panagiotis Stoumpoulis with strikes in just 49 seconds, while David Moon claimed a first-round finish of his own against Filip Macek in their bantamweight bout.
Oktagon 34: Official Results
- Karlos Vemola def. Aleksandar Ilic via submission (arm triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:52 (for light heavyweight title)
- Mateusz Legierski def. Matous Kohout via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 2:56
- Mate Kertesz def. Vladislav Kanchev via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Roman Paulus def. Dawid Kareta via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jan Siroky def. Tomas Fiala viay TKO (punches) – Round 3, 3:31
- Daniel Skvor def. Panagiotis Stroumpoulis via TKO (knee and punches) – Round 1, 0:49
- David Moon def. Michal Konrad via TKO (elbows and punches) – Round 1, 4:55
- Ole Magnor def. Michal Kotalik via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, at 2:45
- Filip Macek def. Mikael Silander via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 1, 1:34
- Cornelia Holm def. Roza Gumienna via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Vaclav Holota def. Max Handanagic via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:19
- Martin Pipek def. Simeon Kapuya via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:47