European fight promotion Oktagon MMA makes its debut on UK soil on Saturday with a strong British contingent on the card at Oktagon 48.
The fighters all took to the scale and hit their contracted weights ahead of fight night, which takes place at the AO Arena and streams live on DAZN and Channel 4.
The top of the card features a battle for the inaugural flyweight title, as Wales’ Aaron Aby takes on American Elias Garcia for the honour of becoming the promotion’s first 125-pound king.
Former KSW middleweight champion Scott Askham faces former KSW light heavyweight Marc Doussis in the co-main event, while UK lightweights Akonne Wanliss and Shem Rock both face ranked opposition on the card.
The event also features the finales of the Oktagon Challenge and Stage to the Cage TV shows. Team England’s George Staines will face Team Ireland’s Denis Frimpong in the Oktagon Challenge finale, while Stage to the Cage culminates in a welterweight matchup between two UK celebrities who have swapped their entertainment careers for the cage, as Jake Quickenden and Paul Smith face off to cap off remarkable journeys for the two men.
Also set for action are welterweight contender Alex Lohore, ex-Cage Warriors bantamweight champion Jack Cartwright, former Cage Warriors middleweight champion Lee Chadwick, and rising prospect Shoaib Yousaf.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
Oktagon 48: Official weigh-in results
- Aaron Aby (125) vs. Elias Garcia (125) – for inaugural flyweight title)
- Scott Askham (203) vs. Marc Doussis (204)
- Jakub Bahnik (156) vs. Akonne Wanliss (156)
- Jake Quickenden (170) vs. Paul Smith (170) – Stage top the Cage finale
- Jack Cartwright (135) vs. Junior Assis (135)
- George Staines (155) vs. Denis Frimpong (135) – Oktagon Challenge finale
- Jaroslav Pokorny (156) vs. Shem Rock (156)
- Alex Lohore (171) vs. Ion Surdu (171)
- Shoaib Yousaf (150) vs. Konmon Deh (148)
- Lee Chadwick (189) vs. Zdenek Polivka (190)
- Hascen Gelezi (156) vs. Aaron McDonald (156)