The most eagerly anticipated rematch in recent ONE Championship history is set to go down when ONE Championship makes its debut on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, August 29.
ONE 161 will be headlined by a flyweight title rematch, as former UFC champion and ONE Grand Prix champion Demetrious Johnson looks to avenge his lone loss under the ONE banner as he faces off against the reigning champ, Brazil’s Adriano Moraes.
Moraes knocked out “Mighty Mouse” to cement his position as the promotion’s premier flyweight fighter, but Johnson has bounced back superbly to put himself right back in the title picture.
Both men picked up notable wins at ONE X back in March, with Moraes defeating Yuya Wakamatsu and Johnson winning a cross-codes mixed-rules superfight with Muay Thai superstar Rodtang Jitmuangnon. Now the pair will meet again in a flyweight title rematch at Singapore Indoor Stadium.
The co-main event features a dynamite striking contest, as ONE bantamweight Muay Thai champion Nong-O Gaiyanghadao puts his title on the line against British challenger and multiple-time world champion Liam Harrison.
Rodtang is also set for action, and will take on Savvas Michael in a flyweight Muay Thai Grand Prix semi-final bout.
Grappling superstar Marcus “Buchecha” Almeida returns to the ONE circle to take on Kirill Grishenko in a heavyweight MMA clash, while two more heavyweights collide as Amir Aliakbari and former Cage Warriors champion Mauri Cerilli go head to head.
The fights form the first ONE Championship event of their new streaming deal on Amazon Prime Video.
ONE 161: Confirmed Fight Card
- Adriano Moraes vs. Demetrious Johnson – for flyweight title
- Nong-O Gaiyanghadao vs. Liam Harrison – for bantamweight Muay Thai title
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs. Savvas Michael – ONE Muay Thai Grand Prix semi-final
- Marcus Almeida vs. Kirill Grishenko
- Amir Aliakbari vs. Mauro Cerilli
- Amir Naseri vs. Jonathan Haggerty – ONE Muay Thai Grand Prix alternate bout
- Itsuki Hirata vs. Lin Heqin
- Diandra Martin vs. Amber Kitchen – Muay Thai bout