Italy’s Jonathan Di Bella captured the vacant ONE strawweight kickboxing title in Kuala Lumpur after a wild battle with Zhang Peimian in the main event of ONE 162.
Di Bella earned a unanimous decision after five rounds of high-paced action at the Axiata Arena, with a decisive final-round knockdown helping seal the victory as he captured the title in the final bout of the night.
The co-main event saw Australian flyweight contender Reece “Lightning” McLaren produce an eye-catching showcase of his striking skills to finish Brazil’s Windson Ramos at the end of the second round.
McLaren, who has made a name for himself in the ONE circle with his grappling skills, turned to his evolving striking arsenal to stop Ramos between rounds, with the Brazilian unable to return from his corner for Round 3.
There was also a standout performance from Eko Roni Saputra, who produced the finish of the night with a first-round heel-hook finish of Thailand’s Yodkaikaew Fairtex to claim his seventh consecutive first-round finish.
ONE 162: Official Results
- Jonathan Di Bella def. Peimian Zhang via unanimous decision – for strawweight kickboxing title
- Reece McLaren def. Windson Ramos via TKO (retirement) – Round 2, 5:00
- Constantin Rusu def. Islam Murtazaev via unanimous decision– kickboxing bout
- Gustavo Balart def. Alex Silva via split decision
- Jimmy Vienot def. Niclas Larsen via unanimous decision – Muay Thai bout
- Eko Roni Saputra def. Yodkaikaew Fairtex via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 2:16
- Artem Belakh def. Leandro Issa via unanimous decision
- Denis Puric def. Tagir Khalilov via unanimous decision – Muay Thai bout
- Ruslan Emilbeg Uulu def. Ben Wilhelm via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:58