Russia’s Anatoly Malykhin starched Kirill Grishenko to capture the vacant ONE interim heavyweight title, then called out the man holding the full version of the championship, Arjan Bhullar.
Malykhin knocked out Grishenko with a colossal right hand in the second round of their main event bout at Singapore Indoor Stadium on Friday to take his perfect professional record to 11-0 and preserve his 100 percent finish rate.
But his highlight-reel finish was almost eclipsed by his energetic post-fight interview with ONE Championship’s Mitch Chilson, with the newly-crowned champion issuing a message to Bhullar, who has been out of action after contract talks with ONE hit a stumbling block.
“Arjan Bhullar. My baby chicken. My baby chicken! No fight. No big heart,” he said.
“Come, come! Fight!”
In the co-main event, the Muay Thai grudge match between England’s Jonathan Haggerty and Thailand’s Mongolpetch Petchyindee Academy went all the way to the scorecards after a breathless back-and-forth war.
Haggerty came flying out of the traps in Round 1 and battered the Thai with strikes as he dominated the opening exchanges.
But in Round 2, Mongkolpetch came storming back as he pushed the pace and forced the Englishman back.
It meant the third round was the crucial frame, and Haggerty’s aggression and slicing elbow strikes proved crucial as he bloodied up his opponent en route to a unanimous decision victory, with the pair seemingly burying the hatchet after their 15-minute war.
Also on the main card, there were big wins for Chen Rui, who won a back-and-forth striking battle with Mark Abelardo, and for Jihin Radzuan, who narrowly edged out Mei Yamaguchi via split decision after a closely-contested bout.
There was also a stunning blink-and-you’ll-miss-it knockout from Woo Sung Hoon, who starched Yodkaikaew Fairtex in just 18 seconds.
ONE: Bad Blood – Official Results
- Anatoly Malykhin def. Kirill Grishenko via knockout (punch) Round 2, 3:42 – for ONE interim heavyweight title
- Jonathan Haggerty def. Mongkolpetch Petchyindee Academy via unanimous decision – Muay Thai bout
- Chen Rui def. Mark Abelardo via unanimous decision
- Jihin Radzuan def. Mei Yamaguchi via unanimous decision
- Woo Sung Hoon def. Yodkaikaew Fairtex via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:18
- Danial Williams def. Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke via knockout (body shot) Round 2, 1:35
- Dustin Joynson def. Hugo Cunha via split decision
- Lin Heqin def. Bi Nguyen via unanimous decision
- Odie Delaney def. Thomas Narmo via submission (hammer lock) – Round 1, 1:06
- Sunoto vs. Tial Thang ruled a no contest due to an accidental low blow by Thang in Round 1