Two new kickboxing champions were crowned, while two of ONE’s big-name MMA stars picked up crucial victories at ONE Fight Night 6 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The main event at the Impact Arena saw a battle of two of the best pound-for-pound kickboxers in the world, as ONE featherweight grand prix champion Chingiz Allazov stunned defending featherweight kickboxing champion Superbon Singha Mawynn to capture the world title.
The bout pitted Superbon’s elite kicking arsenal against the heavy-handed boxing-led attack of Allazov, and the Azerbaijani-Belarusian striker prevailed via second-round knockout.
Allazov pushed the pace on the defending champ in the opening round, then loaded up on his punches in the second to drop Superbon three times, all with big right hands. The third knockdown was decisive, as he knocked out his man to claim the featherweight title in emphatic fashion.
A new champion was also crowned in the co-main event, as Superlek Kiatmoo9 claimed a unanimous decision victory over Spain’s Daniel Puertas to win the vacant ONE flyweight kickboxing title. The third title fight of the night saw “Darth Rigatoni” Mikey Musumeci retain his flyweight submission grappling title with a dominant unanimous decision victory over Bayanduuren Gantumur.
The night’s MMA action was headlined by former two-division champion Aung La N Sang, who bounced back into the win column in impressive style with a first-round TKO of Brazil’s Gilberto Galvao.
“The Burmese Python” was put on the back foot early as Galvao looked to impose his game on the former middleweight and light heavyweight champion. But the Myanmar athlete soon turned the tables and, after hurting his opponent with a pair of well-placed short elbows, N Sang followed his man to the mat and finished the fight with some heavy-duty ground and pound to claim a decisive bounceback victory.
The event also marked a return to form for Garry Tonon. The former featherweight title challenger used his elite-level grappling skills to swiftly dispatch Johnny Nunez via Kimura.
There was also appearances by flyweight Muay Thai champion Rodtang Jitmuangnon, who claimed a unanimous decision victory over Chinese kickboxer Jiduo Yibu to register his 270th career victory, and by Stamp Fairtex, who outpointed “Supergirl” Anna Jaroonsak in their short-notice kickboxing matchup.
ONE Fight Night 6: Official results
- Chingiz Allazov def. Superbon Chingiz Mawynn via knockout (punch) – Round 2, 1:03 (for featherweight kickboxing title)
- Superlek Kiatmoo9 def. Daniel Puertas via unanimous decision (for vacant flyweight kickboxing title)
- Mikey Musameci def. Bayanduuren Gantumur via unanimous decision (for flyweight submission grappling title)
- Aung La N Sang def. Gilberto Galvao via TKO (ground and pound) – Round 1, 1:29
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon def. Jiduo Yibu via unanimous decision (kickboxing bout)
- Stamp Fairtex def. Anna Jaroonsak via split decision (kickboxing bout)
- Garry Tonon def. Johnny Nunez via submission (Kimura) – Round 1, 1:53
- Shoko Sato def. Kim Jae Woong via unanimous decision