ONE women’s strawweight champion Xiong Jing Nan retained her championship after a hugely entertaining trilogy bout with longtime rival Angela Lee at ONE on Prime Video 2.
Strawweight champ Xiong faced atomweight champion Lee in the third bout between the pair, with each fighter successfully retaining their title in the prior two encounters.
And at Singapore Indoor Stadium, the trilogy was sealed as Xiong defended her title for the second time against Lee after earning a unanimous decision victory after five thrilling rounds.
Xiong Jing Nan with a FLURRY! How did Angela Lee survive that?! 😳#ONEonPrimeVideo2 #ONEChampionship
🇺🇸🇨🇦 Watch live on @primevideo 👉 https://t.co/ZJZqnWKU30
🌍 Watch live 👉 https://t.co/8MeKhRMtjy pic.twitter.com/YQ2V4kyOey
— ONE Championship (@ONEChampionship) October 1, 2022
Xiong started fast and appeared to have Lee in big trouble in the opening round. “The Panda” dropped Lee and moved in, looking for the first-round finish. But Lee did well to survive the round, then came back brilliantly in the second round, using her superior grappling skills to dominate the Chinese fighter on the canvas and establish a foothold in the matchup.
The remaining three rounds saw the two rivals battle back and forth, with Xiong holding the upper hand in most of the striking exchanges, while Lee looked the stronger fighter in the grappling situations.
Eventually, they made it all the way to the judges’ scorecards, where all three cageside officials scored the bout to Xiong, who retained her title, claimed bragging rights in the trilogy, and cemented her status as ONE’s premier women’s champion.
Also on the card, Mikey Musumeci made history by claiming the inaugural ONE flyweight submission grappling championship with a unanimous decision victory over Brazil’s Cleber Sousa, while former two-sport champion Stamp Fairtex claimed a unanimous decision victory over Jihin Radzuan in their catchweight matchup.
— Prime Video (@PrimeVideo) October 1, 2022
ONE on Prime Video 2: Official Results
- Xiong Jing Nan def. Angela Lee via unanimous decision – for women’s strawweight title
- Mikey Musumeci def. Cleber Sousa via unanimous decision – for flyweight submission grappling title
- Stamp Fairtex def. Jihin Radzuan via unanimous decision
- Ilya Freymanov def. Martin Nguyen via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:33
- Halil Amir def. Timofey Nastyukhin via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:58
- Marat Grigorian def. Jamal Yusupov via unanimous decision – kickboxing bout
- Ho Taek Oh def. Ryogo Takahashi via split decision
- Anissa Meksen def. Daokongfah Banchamek via unanimous decision – Muay Thai bout
- Rade Opacic def. Giannis Stofiridis via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:52 – kickboxing bout