The main event of ONE on Prime Video 3 ended in an anti-climax as the championship clash between John Lineker and Fabricio Andrade ended in a no contest.
The bout had already been hit by controversy after Lineker failed to make weight to defend his belt, meaning only Andrade could walk away from the matchup in Kuala Lumpur with the title. But, after an accidental groin strike by Andrade left Lineker unable to continue, the bout was called to a close mid-way through the third round and ruled a no contest.
It meant that Andrade’s chance of capturing the bantamweight title fell by the wayside, while Lineker also left without a title after being stripped of the belt for his weight miss.
Prior to the unfortunate finish, the bout between the pair delivered a high-energy scrap as they traded plenty of shots in an entertaining back-and-forth battle. But, due to Lineker’s weight miss earlier in the week, plus Andrade’s ill-judged strike that went below the belt, the bout ultimately ended in disappointment for everyone concerned.
It means the ONE bantamweight title, held by Lineker heading into the week, will now sit vacant until another title bout is booked for the division. Given the unfortunate finish to the main event, it’s highly likely we’ll see a rematch sooner rather than later.
Also on the card, Regian Eersel became a two-sport ONE champion as he added the lightweight Muay Thai title to his kickboxing championship with a split decision victory over Sinsamut Klinmee.
And an inaugural ONE lightweight submission grappling championship was crowned as Kade Ruotolo locked up a first-round heel hook to finish Uali Kurzhaev and capture the title.
ONE on Prime Video 3: Official Results
- John Lineker vs. Fabricio Andrade ruled a no contest (accidental groin strike) – Round 3, 2:44 – for bantamweight title
- Regian Eersel def. Sinsamut Klinmee via split decision – for lightweight Muay Thai title
- Kade Ruotolo def. Uali Kurzhaev via submission (heel hook) – Round 1, 4:26 – for lightweight submission grappling title
- Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong def. Mohammed Boutasaa via unanimous decision– kickboxing bout
- Shamil Gasanov def. Kim Jae Woong via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:09
- Jeremy Miado def. Danial Williams via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:31
- Taiki Naito def. Amir Naseri via unanimous decision – Muay Thai bout
- Mehdi Zatout def. Asa Ten Pow via TKO (retirement) – Round 1, 3:00 – Muay Thai bout
- Noelle Grandjean def. Lea Bivins via TKO (body punch and ground strikes) – Round 1, 4:03
- Chang Min Yoon def. Keanu Subba via unanimous decision
- Agilan Thani def. Iljs Stojanov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:48