The fight card for Bellator 299 has expanded to 14 bouts with the addition of four bouts featuring local heroes, including former lightweight title challenger Peter Queally.
Queally will move up to welterweight for his next assignment as he heads the preliminary card on September 23 at the 3Arena. “The Showstopper” will take on Daniele Miceli as he looks to bounce back into the win column after losing each of his last three outings in the Bellator cage.
Also added to the card is middleweight fan-favorite Charlie Ward, who faces off against French veteran Gregory Babene, who will be looking to secure his eighth successive victory with victory over the Dubliner, who will be keen to make a statement of his on on a card that features the middleweight title in the main event.
Ciaran Clarke has also been booked for the event, and will take on Poland’s Przemyslaw Gorny, who heads into the matchup riding a three-fight win streak. And the final Irish addition to the card will see Darragh Kelly look to extend his unbeaten record to 5-0 with victory over Dutch newcomer Jelle Zeegers.
The card will be headlined by a middleweight title battle between reigning champion Johnny Eblen and number-one contender Fabian Edwards, while Dublin-based Portuguese featherweight contender Pedro Carvalho takes on American contender Aaron Pico in a pivotal 145-pound clash.
Bellator 299: Confirmed bouts
- Johnny Eblen vs. Fabian Edwards – for middleweight title
- Aaron Pico vs. Pedro Carvalho
- Sinead Kavanagh vs. Sara Collins
- Mads Burnell vs. Daniel Weichel
- Peter Queally vs. Daniele Miceli
- Charlie Ward vs. Gregory Babene
- Ciaran Clarke vs. Przemyslaw Gorny
- Kenny Mokhonoana vs. Josh O’Connor
- Luke Trainer vs. Laurynas Urbonavicius
- Brian Moore vs. Otto Rodrigues
- Darragh Kelly vs. Jelle Zeegers
- Nicolo Solli vs. Romain Debienne
- Mark Ewen vs. Noah Gugnon
- Chiara Penco vs. Mackenzie Stiller