The final set of first-round regular season bouts in the PFL’s 2023 season took place in Las Vegas, as The Theater at Virgin Hotels played host to PFL 3, with the lightweight and welterweight divisions in the spotlight.
A host of former champions were in action, with all of the promotion’s current or former champions claiming important victories to kickstart their respective 2023 campaigns.
Former two-time lightweight champion Natan Schulte dominated Stevie Ray on the mat over three rounds to record a shutout victory on the scorecards, while last year’s 155-pound champ Olivier Aubin-Mercier also delivered a dominant display to win all three rounds on all three scorecards against former UFC featherweight contender and PFL debutant Shane Burgos.
Another former champ, Raush Manfio, earned a unanimous decision victory over Alexander Martinez, while PFL veteran Clay Collard got his season off to a winning start with a comfortable unanimous decision win over Yamato Nishikawa.
The night’s finishes came in the welterweight division, where Carlos Leal, Magomed Umalatov, Magomed Magomedkerimov and 2022 170-pound champion Sadibou Sy all claimed stoppage victories.
PFL 3: Official results
- Natan Schulte def. Stevie Ray via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Shane Burgos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Clay Collard def. Yamato Nishikawa via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Denis Goltsov def. Cezar Ferreira via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:07
- Carlos Leal def. David Zawada via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:25
- Magomed Umalatov def. Dilano Taylor via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 1:31
- Sadibou Sy def. Jarrah Al-Silawi via TKO (body kick and punches) – Round 2, 1:!4
- Magomed Madomedkerimov def. Ben Egli via TKO (head kick) – Round 1, 1:03
- Raush Manfio def. Alexander Martinez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Nayib Lopez def. Shane Mitchell via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Bruno Miranda def. Ahmed Amir via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Zach Juusola def. Brandon Jenkins via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)