Kayla Harrison will face the highest-profile opponent of her MMA career to date when she returns to action at PFL 6 on July 1.
Harrison and Budd are among four fighters tied for second place in the women’s lightweight standings following the first round of bouts, with the winner of their upcoming matchup guaranteed a spot in the women’s lightweight playoffs.
Harrison remains undefeated as an MMA pro, while Budd will look to become the first fighter to hand the two-time Olympic judo gold medallist the first defeat of her career.
Also set for action is former Bellator welterweight champion and ex-UFC welterweight title challenger Rory MacDonald.
The Canadian star’s first-round submission of Brett Cooper in his first regular season bout put him away and clear at the top of the welterweight standings with a maximum six-point haul. Now he’s all set to take fellow opening round winner Sadibou Sy in the co-main event.
Last year’s welterweight champion Ray Cooper III is also on the card, desperate for a huge performance to give himself a chance of a playoff berth after a disastrous start to his season.
Cooper missed weight, then lost a unanimous decision to Carlos Leal to leave himself on -1 points after his opening round bout. Now he heads into his second regular season bout against Brett Cooper knowing that he needs a quick finish in order to give himself a chance of a playoff spot.
PFL 6: Fight Card
- Kayla Harrison vs. Julia Budd
- Rory MacDonald vs. Sadibou Sy
- Ray Cooper III vs. Brett Cooper
- Magomed Magomedkerimov vs. Joao Zeferino
- Jarrah Al Silawi vs. Magomed Umalatov
- Larissa Pacheco vs. Genah Fabian
- Nikolai Aleksakhin vs. Gleison Tibau
- Marina Mokhnatkina vs. Abigail Montes
- Martina Jindrova vs. Zamzagul Fayzallanova
- Olena Kolesnyk vs. Vanessa Melo