The fighters took to the scale ahead of fight night in Newcastle for PFL Europe 1, but there were few words exchanged as the main event stars faced off for the final time.
The event in England will feature the men’s light heavyweight and women’s flyweight divisions, with two of the UK’s own looking to pick up crucial wins on home soil.
The headline bout will see the featured light heavyweight bout of the evening, as England’s “Smooth” Simeon Powell takes on Dutch striker Mohamed Amine and, after a week spent going head-to-head in broadcast features and media obligations, the pair had very little to say when they went face to face one more time before their main event clash.
Both men were asked for their final assessments ahead of the event, with Amine stating simply, “The talk is done,” while Powell was only slightly more verbose, saying, “Action, man. That’s it. No talking.”
The co-main event will feature UK women’s flyweight talent Dakota Ditcheva, who takes on former Swedish national boxing champion Malin Hermansson, and the stony-faced Swedish prospect said she was ready to put a stop to Ditcheva’s rise by handing her the first defeat of her pro MMA career.
“I’m here to fight, and I’m here to stop her,” she stated.
“I’m going to stop the hype train tomorrow night.”
Hermansson’s comments didn’t faze Ditcheva at all, though the Brit did admit to a few pre-event nerves as she gets set to compete on the big stage on home soil.
“Yeah, of course (I feel nerves), but I thrive off that,” she said.
“That’s what makes me perform my best. And, you know, look at the last girl who had a bit to say before the fight, I knocked her straight out. So, (there’s) another one coming!”
The bout between Griet Eeckhout and Mafalda Carmona was removed from the card after Carmona weighed in at 131.2 pounds, a whopping 5.2 pounds over the 126-pound non-title flyweight limit.
PFL Europe 1: Official weigh-in results
- Simeon Powell (205.8) vs. Mohamed Amine (203.6)
- Dakota Ditcheva (125.5) vs. Malin Hermansson (125.6)
- Lewis McGrillen (135.8) vs. Salih Kulucan (134.8)
- Riccardo Nosiglia (204.6) vs. Jakov Nedoh (205.8)
- Anthony Salamone (204.5) vs. Daniel Ladero (205.1)
- Corneila Holm (125.2) vs. Marta Waliczek (124.3)
- Abdelah Er-Ramy (202.7) vs. Madalin Pirvulescu (205)
- Lizzy Gevers (125.3) vs. Valentina Scatizzi (125.6)
- Louis Lee Scott (135.5) vs. Sam Robinson (134.1)
- Lewis Monarch (157) vs. Oscar Ownsworth (155.7)