The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden will play host to the first leg of the PFL’s three-date Playoff series, with a former UFC world champion set to top the card in the Big Apple.
Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony “Showtime” Pettis will compete in the main event on August 5, as he gets set to take on the man who submitted him in his most recent outing.
That man was Scotland’s Stevie Ray, whose modified twister submission earned him enough regular season points to gatecrash the lightweight top four and book his spot in the playoffs. And, in a strange turn of events, the divisions finishing positions mean that Ray will have to face Pettis for the second time in successive bouts, with the winner earning a place in the lightweight final and a shot at the $1 million prize.
The co-main event features a light heavyweight battle between American Top Team colleagues Josh Silveira and Omari Akhmedov, while lightweights Olivier Aubin-Mercier and Alexander Martinez face off at 155 pounds. Kicking off the main card is a light heavyweight bout between Rob Wilkinson and Delan Monte.
PFL Playoffs: New York – Confirmed Fights
- Anthony Pettis vs. Stevie Ray
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Josh Silveira
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Alexander Martinez
- Rob Wilkinson vs. Delan Monte
- Cory Hendricks vs. Marthin Hamlet
- Marcelo Nunes vs. Adam Koresh
- Brahyan Zurcher vs. Ricardo Jimenez
- Elvin Espinosa vs. Corey Jackson
- Alexei Pergande vs. Elvis Lebron
- Lucas Barbosa vs. TBC