The fighters set for action in the PFL’s lightweight and welterweight semi-finals locked in their respective bouts after taking to the scale for the official weigh-ins ahead of Wednesday night’s fight night in New York City.
The Theater at Madison Square Garden will play host to the event, which will be headlined by a lightweight semi-final between striking specialists as top 155-pound seed Clay Collard takes on Shane Burgos for a place in the 2023 PFL Lightweight Championship Final.
The second semi-final forms the co-main event, as the 2022 lightweight champion Olivier Aubin-Mercier looks to move one step closer to back-to-back championships when he takes on Bruno Miranda.
All four lightweights successfully made weight for the bout, but that wasn’t the case in the welterweight division, with Brazilian contender Carlos Leal coming in one pound over the non-title welterweight limit, at 172 pounds.
It means that Leal will head into his semi-final bout against 2022 champion Sadibou Sy knowing that, if the bout goes to a decision, he will have one point deducted from his final scorecard. He has also forfeited 20 percent of his fight purse to Sy, who made weight for the bout.
There were no issues on the scale for the other semi-final, as top seed Magomed Magomedkerimov and fifth seed Solomon Renfro both arrived on weight and ready for their semi-final matchup.
Check the full list of official weights for the entire fight card below.
PFL Playoffs: Official weigh-in results
- Clay Collard (155) vs. Shane Burgos (156) – lightweight semi-final
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier (155.6) vs. Bruno Miranda (154) – lightweight semi-final
- Sadibou Sy (170.8) vs. Carlos Leal (172*) – welterweight semi-final
- Magomed Magomedkerimov (170) vs. Solomon Renfro (170.4) – welterweight semi-final
- Biaggio Ali Walsh (155.2) vs. Ed Davis (155.6) – amateur showcase bout
- Alexei Pergande (145.6) vs. Shawn Stefanelli (144.8)
- Mostafa Rashed Neda (184.8) vs. Korey Kuppe (184.8)
- Abigail Montes (145.6) vs. Michelle Montague (145.4)
- Abdullah Al-Qahtani (145.8) vs. David Zelner (145.8)
- John Caldone (148.6**) vs. Nathaniel Grimaud (145.8)
* Leal missed weight and will forfeit 20 percent of his purse to Sy. Leal will be deducted one point from his final scorecard if the bout goes to a decision
** Caldone missed weight and will forfeit 20 percent of his purse to Grimaud