One of European MMA’s hottest talents has a home on the world stage with the news that French lightweight Abdoul “The Lazy King” Abdouraguimov has signed for the PFL.
Abdouraguimov, who has a 16-1 career record and captured titles at lightweight and welterweight for French promotion Ares FC, has joined the PFL’s global roster and will make his debut on home soil on September 30 at the PFL Europe Playoffs event in Paris, France.
Abdouraguimov will take on 12-3 Brazilian Quemuel Ottoni in a lightweight showcase bout in the co-main event of the evening at the Zenith Arena. The night’s main event will also feature a promotional debut as French former Glory kickboxing champion Cedric Doumbe makes his PFL bow against undefeated countryman Jordan Zebo.
“Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Lazy King here, and I have great news to announce to you. Very beautiful news. Very magnificent news,” Abdouraguimov said in a video message via the PFL Europe account.
“I have signed with the PFL. The Professional Fighters League. The PFL is not just like any other promotion. It’s special. It’s a revolutionary promotion, and The Lazy King loves the revolution.
“So, September 30, 2023, in Paris, at the Zenith Arena, it’s gonna be the first fight of Lazy King in the PFL. And that’s not all. The Lazy King is also gonna participate in the PFL season tournament for one million dollars. You heard it right. One million dollars, baby! Lightweight division, The Lazy King is coming!”
𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏, @LazyKingMMA 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 👑🎤🇫🇷
Making his PFL debut, will be one of #MMA’s most highly regarded prospects, Abdoul Abdouraguimov (16-1)! He will first compete at #PFLParis before entering @PFLMMA's #PFLRegularSeason in 2024! pic.twitter.com/ufKhdmsIes
— PFL Europe (@PFLEurope) August 10, 2023
The PFL Paris card will also feature the semi-final bouts of the inaugural PFL Europe season, with the final four in the light heavyweight, lightweight, bantamweight, and women’s flyweight divisions all set for action as the finals for each weight class will be decided in the French capital. Those finals will then take place at the season finale in Dublin on December 8.
PFL Paris: Confirmed fight card
- Cedric Doumbe vs. Jordan Zebo
- Abdoul Abdouraguimov vs. Quemuel Ottoni
- Anthony Salamone vs. Jakob Nedoh – light heavyweight semi-final
- Simeon Powell vs. Abdellah Er-Ramy – light heavyweight semi-final
- Dakota Ditcheva vs. Cornelia Holm – women’s flyweight semi-final
- Yazid Chouchane vs. Luigi Vendramini
- Frans Mlambo vs. Francesco Nuzzi – bantamweight semi-final
- Dylan Tuke vs. Jakub Kaszuba – lightweight semi-final
- John Mitchell vs. Alex Chizov – lightweight semi-final
- Ali Taleb vs. Khurshed Kakhorov – bantamweight semi-final
- Griet Eeckhout vs. Valentina Scatizzi – women’s flyweight semi-final
- Lizzy Gevers vs. Shanelle Dyer