UAE Warriors 41: Arabia took place Friday evening, May 19, live from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island, where the event in Abu Dhabi saw two big upsets at the top of the fight card.
In the night’s main event, Egypt’s Ahmed Sami dominated, then submitted, Lebanon’s Mohammad Osseili with a first-round rear-naked choke, while the co-main event saw one of the fastest knockouts in UAE Warriors history as Mark Gregory Valerio finished Iraq’s Hussein Salem with a flurry of punches to claim the quickfire KO victory in just 11 seconds. Valerio’s win was all the more impressive given the fact that the Filipino fighter had stepped in to compete on just a couple of days’ notice.
Elsewhere on the card, kickboxing champion and undefeated former Bellator fighter Ilias Bulaid extended his perfect professional record in MMA with another explosive finish, Jordan’s Jalal Al Daaja kept his winning streak alive with an impressive submission victory, and Australia’s Amena Hadaya scored the biggest win of her budding career with a split-decision victory over Mona Ftouhi.
UAE Warriors 41: Official results
- Ahmed Sami def. Mohammad Osseili via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:17
- Mark Gregory Valerio def. Hussein Salem via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:11
- Jalal Al Daaja def. Mahmoud Mando via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 2:19
- Ilias Bulaid def. Omar Khaled Fayoumi via TKO (knees) – Round 1, 3:28
- Yazeed Hasanain def. Abed El Wahba Msharki via split decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Mostafa Ibrahim Radi def. Issam Azelhad via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:01
- Taha Bendaoud def. Younes Chemali via split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
- Amena Hadaya def. Mona Ftouhi via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Issa Salem def. Abdul Kader Souane via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
- Abdalrahman Alhyasat def. Abdelhak Amhidra via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)