All four fighters set for world championship action made weight without fuss at Friday’s official weigh-ins ahead of UFC 268 in New York City.
Reigning UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman led the way as the first fighter on the scale, and he made weight with ease, tipping the scale at 169 pounds. Colby Covington also made weight with room to spare, coming in at 169.4 pounds.
The co-main event was also made official, as UFC women’s strawweight champion Rose Namajunas and former champion Zhang Weili both coming in on championship weight, at 115 pounds.
The rest of the main card all made weight without any dramas on the scale, but there were two weight misses on the preliminary card as Bruno Souza came in 2.4 pounds over the 146-pound non-title featherweight limit for his bout with Melsik Baghdasaryan, while C.J. Vergara came in 1.4 pounds over the flyweight limit ahead of his bout with Ode Osbourne.
Recap the UFC’s weigh-in show, with Dan Hellie, Laura Sanko, Daniel Cormier and Din Thomas, here…
UFC 269: Official Weigh-In Results
- Kamaru Usman (169) vs. Colby Covington (169.4) – for UFC welterweight title
- Rose Namajunas (115) vs. Zhang Weili (115) – for UFC women’s strawweight title
- Frankie Edgar (135.6) vs. Marlon Vera (135)
- Shane Burgos (145.6) vs. Billy Quarantillo (145.4)
- Michael Chandler (155.2) vs. Justin Gaethje (155.6)
- Andreas Michailidis (185) vs. Alex Pereira (185.8)
- Bobby Green (155.2) vs. Al Iaquinta (155.8)
- Chris Curtis (186) vs. Phil Hawes (185.4)
- Nassourdine Imavov (184.6) vs. Edmen Shahbazyan (185.4)
UFC Fight Pass Prelims
- Ian Garry (169.6) vs. Jordan Williams (170.6)
- Chris Barnett (263.8) vs. Gian Villante (260.6)
- John Allan (205) vs. Dustin Jacoby (203.6)
- Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.4) vs. Bruno Souza (148.4)*
- Ode Osbourne (125.2) vs. C.J. Vergara (127.4)**
*Souza misses weight by 2.4 pounds / **Vergara misses weight by 1.4 pounds.