The bad blood may live on, but bragging rights sit firmly with Colby Covington after the former interim welterweight champion dominated rival Jorge Masvidal in the main event of UFC 272.
Covington used his wrestling to nullify the threat of Masvidal’s striking for most of the matchup, though one big shot from “Gamebred” briefly created an opening as he dropped “Chaos” hard in the fourth round.
But, that moment aside, Covington held the upper hand to earn scores of 49-46, 50-44, 50-45 from the three octagonside judges.
— UFC on TNT Sports (@ufcontnt) March 6, 2022
In the co-main event, Rafael Dos Anjos dominated short-notice opponent Renato Moicano in their five-round 160-pound catchweight matchup, while undefeated grappling ace Bryce Mitchell claimed a unanimous decision win over Edson Barboza in their featherweight contest.
There were also main card victories for Kevin Holland and Serghei Spivac, who earned ground-and-pound TKO finishes of Alex Oliveira and Greg Hardy, respectively.
Check out the full UFC 272 results below.
UFC 272: Official Results
- Colby Covington def. Jorge Masvidal via unanimous decision (49-46, 50-44, 50-45)
- Rafael dos Anjos def. Renato Moicano via unanimous decision (49-45, 49-44, 50-44)
- Bryce Mitchell def. Edson Barboza via Unanimous Decision (30-25, 30–26, 30–27)
- Kevin Holland def. Alex Oliveira via TKO (ground strikes) – Round 2, 0:38
- Serghei Spivac def. Greg Hardy via TKO (ground strikes) – Round 1, 2:16
- Jalin Turner def. Jamie Mullarkey via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 0:46
- Marina Rodriguez def. Yan Xiaonan via split decision (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)
- Nicolae Negumereanu def. Kennedy Nzechukwu via split decision (27–29, 29–27, 29–27)
- Maryna Moroz def. Mariya Agapova via submission (arm triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:27
- Umar Nurmagomedov def. Brian Kelleher via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1, 3:15
- Tim Elliott def. Tagir Ulanbekov via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- L’udovit Klein def. Devonte Smith via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)
- Dustin Jacoby def. Michal Oleksiejczuk via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)