The four men set for action in the two headlining title fights at UFC 273 all made weight with poundage to spare at the official weigh-ins in Jacksonville on Friday morning.
UFC featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski and title challenger Chan Sung Jung both tipped the scale at 144.5 pounds for their main event title fight, with both men looking fit and ready for the fray at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena.
Reigning bantamweight champion Aljamain Sterling came in half a pound under the championship limit, at 134.5 pounds, while interim champion Petr Yan came in even lighter, at 134. The remainder of the main card all hit their contracted weights, too, with welterweights Gilbert Burns and Khamzat Chimaev both making a statement by hitting championship weight of 170 pounds for their main card clash.
The weigh-ins did see two weight misses, with Kay Hansen (118.5 pounds) and Julio Arce (136.5 pounds) both failing to make their respective marks. Both will be fined a percentage of their purse, which will go to their respective opponents, Piera Rodriguez and Daniel Santos.
- Alexander Volkanovski (144.5) vs. Chan Sung Jung (144.5)
- Aljamain Sterling (134.5) vs. Petr Yan (134)
- Gilbert Burns (170) vs. Khamzat Chimaev (170)
- Mackenzie Dern (115.5) vs. Tecia Torres (115.5)
- Mark Madsen (155) vs. Vinc Pichel (155.5)
- Ian Garry (170.5) vs. Darian Weeks (170.5)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik (252.5) vs. Marcin Tybura (253)
- Aspen Ladd (136) vs. Raquel Pennington (134.5)
- Mickey Gall (170.5) vs. Mike Malott (170.5)
- Aleksei Oleinik (244) vs. Jared Vanderaa (266)
- Josh Fremd (185.5) vs. Anthony Hernandez (186)
- Kay Hansen (118.5)* vs. Piera Rodriguez (115)
- Julio Arce (136.5)* vs. Daniel Santos (135)
* Missed weight