All four title fighters successfully hit the scale on championship weight and ready to go at the official weigh-ins ahead of UFC 277 in Dallas, Texas, though there was a little concern as defending champion Julianna Pena waited until the final moments before taking to the scale.
Amanda Nunes had already weighed at the bantamweight limit of 135 pounds early in the session, but there was no sign of the champ as the clock ticked down toward the end of the two-hour weigh-in window.
And, after two other fighters on the card missed weight ahead of her, that concern only increased when Pena was left as the final name to take to the scale with just two minutes remaining.
However, a grinning Pena seemed unperturbed as she confidently stepped on the scale and weighed in at 134.5 pounds to make official her maiden title defence against former two-division champ Nunes.
The battle for the vacant interim flyweight title was also made official on the scale, as former champion Brandon Moreno and first-title challenger Kai Kara-France both tipped the scale half a pound inside the championship limit, at 124.5 pounds.
The remainder of the main card all weighed in without issue, including former heavyweight title challenger Derrick Lewis, who tipped the scale at a mighty 264.5 pounds for his bout with fellow heavy hitter Sergei Pavlovich, who came in 10 pounds lighter, at 254.5 pounds.
There were two weight misses on the preliminary card, as Joselyne Edwards came in 1.5 pounds over the non-title bantamweight limit for her bout against Ji Yeon Kim. UFC officials confirmed Edwards would be fined 20% of her purse, and the bout will go ahead, as planned.
The second weight miss came via Orion Cosce, who arrived late in the session 1.5 pounds over the non-title welterweight limit for his bout against Mike “Blood Diamond” Mathetha
Check out the full list of official weights below.
UFC 277: Official Weigh-In Results
- Julianna Peña (134.5) vs. Amanda Nunes (135) – for women’s bantamweight title
- Brandon Moreno (124.5) vs. Kai Kara-France (124.5) – for interim flyweight title
- Derrick Lewis (264.5) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (254.5)
- Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs. Alex Perez (125.5)
- Magomed Ankalaev (206) vs. Anthony Smith (206)
- Alex Morono (171) vs. Matthew Semelsberger (171)
- Rafael Alves (155.5) vs. Drew Dober (155.5)
- Hamdy Abdelwahab (264.5) vs. Don’Tale Mayes (255)
- Rafa Garcia (155) vs. Drakkar Klose (155.5)
- Adam Fugitt (171) vs. Michael Morales (170.5)
- Joselyne Edwards (137.5*) vs. Ji Yeon Kim (135)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (205) vs. Ihor Potieria (204)
- Orion Cosce (172.5*) vs. Mike Mathetha (169.5)
*Edwards and Cosce missed weight and were fined 20% of their respective purses