The two championship bouts at the top of the card at UFC 281 are both official after all four fighters made weight at the official early-morning weigh-ins in New York City.
Strawweight champion Carla Esparza was the first fighter to hit the scale, with middleweight champion Israel Adesanya and former strawweight champ Zhang Weili not too long after. But there was an increasing amount of concern at the hotel as there was no sign of middleweight challenger Alex Pereira.
Those concerns melted away in the last moments of the session, as the Brazilian arrived and made weight, making his title tilt at Adesanya official.
The remainder of the fight card made weight, bar two fighters. Ryan Spann came in 0.6 pounds over the non-title limit for his light heavyweight bout with Dominic Reyes, while Michael Trizano came in 1.6 pounds over the non-title limit for his featherweight matchup against Choi Seung-Woo.
Recap the UFC’s live weigh-in show via the stream below, and check the full list of weights at the foot of this page.
UFC 281: Official Weigh-In Results
- Israel Adesanya (185) vs. Alex Pereira (184.6) – for middleweight title
- Carla Esparza (114.8) vs. Zhang Weili (114.8) – for women’s strawweight title
- Dustin Poirier (156) vs. Michael Chandler (155.8)
- Frankie Edgar (135.6) vs. Chris Gutierrez (136)
- Dan Hooker (155.8) vs. Claudio Puelles (155.2)
- Brad Riddell (155.6) vs. Renato Moicano (155.8)
- Dominick Reyes (205.4) vs. Ryan Spann (206.6*)
- Molly McCann (125.4) vs. Erin Blanchfield (125)
- Andre Petroski (185.8) vs. Wellington Turman (185.2)
- Matt Frevola (154.8) vs. Ottman Azaitar (155.6)
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115.6) vs. Silvana Gomez Juarez (115.6)
- Michael Trizano (147.6**) vs. Choi Seung-Woo (145.6)
- Julio Arce (135.8) vs. Montel Jackson (135.8)
- Carlos Ulberg (205.2) vs. Nicolae Negumereanu (206)
* Ryan Spann misses weight by 0.6 pounds
** Michael Trizano misses weight by 1.6 pounds