The battle for the undisputed UFC bantamweight championship of the world is officially on after champion Aljamain Sterling and challenger Henry Cejudo both made weight for the matchup on Friday.
The pair took to the scale during the early-morning weigh-in session in Newark, New Jersey, with Sterling coming in at 134 pounds, and Cejudo bang on the bantamweight limit, at 135 pounds.
The co-main event was also confirmed, with welterweight contenders Gilbert Burns (171) and Belal Muhammad (170) making weight for their title eliminator matchup.
The remainder of the fight card weighed in successfully, with two notable exceptions.
Flyweight Rafael Estavam suffered issues during his weight cut and was unable to make it to the scale to register a weight. As a result, he was declared unfit to compete, and his bout with Zhalgas Zhumagulov has been removed from the fight card.
And, in the opening bout of the night, Joseph Holmes came in three pounds over the non-title limit for his middleweight bout with Claudio Ribeiro. As a result he will forfeit 20 percent of his purse, with the bout proceeding as a 189-pound catchweight contest.
Check out the full list of official weights below.
UFC 288: Official weigh-in results
- Aljamain Sterling (134) vs. Henry Cejudo (135) – for bantamweight title
- Gilbert Burns (171) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
- Jessica Andrade (115) vs. Yan Xiaonan (115)
- Movsar Evloev (145) vs. Diego Lopes (146)
- Kron Gracie (145) vs. Charles Jourdain (145)
- Drew Dober (155.5) vs. Matt Frevola (155)
- Devin Clark (205) vs. Kennedy Nzechuwu (205)
- Rolando Bedoya (170) vs. Khaos Williams (169)
- Virna Jandiroba (115) vs. Marina Rodriquez (115)
- Parker Porter (249) vs. Braxton Smith (262)
- Ikram Aliskerov (186) vs. Phil Hawes (185)
- Rafael Estevam (no weight*) vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov (125)
- Joseph Holmes (189**) vs. Claudio Ribeiro (185)
*Estevam did not register a weight and was removed from the card due to weight-cutting issues
**Holmes missed weight by three pounds and will forfeit 20 percent of his fight purse. The fight will continue as a catchweight bout